Ring spotlight cam not recording all events

I don’t have a spotlight cam, but I definitely understand how frustrating it is when expensive devices that you have purchased for security don’t work.

Is your spolight cam battery or wired? Wired ones tend to be more stable and consistent, particularly at picking up motion. I have a Ring video doorbell2 on battery, and even set on frequent motion detection, it can be rather tempermental in terms of what it picks up. It picks up cars and trucks that drive by, but not necessarily delivery person right in front of it.

With this kind of technology, they should mostly just work when you turn it on. This may not be what you want to hear, but sometimes with it may just be easier to return it if you can. Then purchase a replacement (to reset the return clock) or a different device all together. When I got the Ring Video doorbell 2, I bought and returned a couple before I got one that seemed to work most of the time. I really needed a security camera on my front door, which is why I put so much effort into it. And Ring was the only one I knew of selling battery operated doorbells at the time. I would have much preferred wired if at all possible.

If you are past your return window, you can try calling Ring support. They will have you do a series of testing, but hopefully once they have determined that there is not much more testing to be done and that the device is not working properly, they will send you a replacement if it’s still within the warranty period.

@mrkc wrote:

I am very fusterated with the Ring spotlight, currently I would not recomend, at least the Ring spotlight to anybody. When my family can get into a car and drive away without any video of it is not very comferting in the sence of theft protection.

Hopefully somebody will help us with a fix.