Ring indoor security cam 2 way not working

Hello!

I just set up my cam last night, but the 2 way talk isn’t working. I enabled the microphone for the ring app and it’s still not working. My app says it’s up to date and I also tried the reset to see if that would do anything, but still nothing. I can hear fine, but the mircophone isn’t working on my end. I also tried unistalling and reinstalling but it is not working

Hey @andreiorty, are you making sure to accept the call by hitting the green phone icon, and then hitting the microphone icon to unmute yourself? You will want to make sure you are doing these two things in order to “join the call” so you can talk, and then to unmute the microphone so you can be heard. If you’ve done this and it’s still not working, do you by any chance hear you speaking in the video playback once you end the Live View and look at your event history? Additionally, do you have another phone or tablet you can try this on to? This is to see if it’s possibly just something with your phone, or the device itself.

Two way audio only works when the owner is in the same room and has activated locally on the phone. As soon as the phone is switched off, the two way audio stops working for the shared people.

Please help how this can be rectified.

Hey @RectoryMan. The 2 way audio should work for both shared users and owners the same way. As a shared user, you will go into the Live View for the device, hit the green phone icon and “accept” the call to talk. You may need to hit the unmute button for the microphone and sound to talk, but you should be able to see the Live View for the device as a shared user. You will need to ensure the Live View is not disable by the owner via Mode settings.

Hello! Sorry for the 7 month delay. So, everything is enabled. I can hear sound from my camera end. But when I enter live view of my living room, I hit the mic button and the green phone icon, but my voice will still not come through the camera

1 Like

@andreiorty If you’re still having this concern, I do recommend following up with our support team to see why the audio is not coming through for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.