Ring flood light camera snap shots

I’ve recently purchased another ring flood light cameras the new one has snapshot setting the old one don’t is there any way of updating old one so it has this feature

Hey @Woggle1981! The Snapshot Capture feature is only available for select device purchased on or after 10/23/19. Check out our help center article which lists the devices that support this feature. While this feature is available for new setups only, it will soon become available for existing devices as well. :slight_smile:

You can resolve this by removing the device and adding it again to your account. I’ve done this to two Ring doorbell pros and two stick up cams wired that were installed over a year ago, which this feature was not present. It’s not a hardware issue. Not sure why Ring won’t push out an update and fix this. However, like I said, you can correct this or have this snapshot feature by doing as I said…removing and adding it back on.

1 Like
  1. Select the Ring device within your app

2. Go to Device Settings, then General Settings

3. Select ‘Remove This Device’

4. Reset your Ring device (push the reset button)

5. Open your Ring App and follow the steps to add a new device

Once your device is added back you should have the Snapshot feature available. I’ve followed these steps for my Ring Floodlight and Ring Doorbell Pro. Both were activated earlier this year & didn’t have the Snapshot feature available. After going through these steps they now have Snapshot enabled. Good Luck.

1 Like
  1. Select the Ring device within your app

2. Go to Device Settings, then General Settings

3. Select ‘Remove This Device’

4. Reset your Ring device (push the reset button)

5. Open your Ring App and follow the steps to add a new device

Once your device is added back you should have the Snapshot feature available. I’ve followed these steps for my Ring Floodlight and Ring Doorbell Pro. Both were activated earlier this year & didn’t have the Snapshot feature available. After going through these steps they now have Snapshot enabled. Good Luck.

1 Like