Ring camera hooked to solar panel but power source says battery

Really disappointed with these things, especially for the cost. We got 2 stick up cams in September. Batteries died in a matter of weeks. Got 2 solar panels. Batteries died. Got up on ladders (and my husband is 77 and I’d really rather he didn’t) and fully charged up batteries. Again. Front is online but the power source is battery. UGH PLUS. It’s hooked up to the blanking solar panel and I can’t change the power source on the app. Garage says power outlet but also says poor wifi even though a google wifi point is inside and about 8 feet away. About ready to pay someone to take these down and cut my losses after spending $300.00! Would rather spend money on something that works.

Even more disgusted today than I was yesterday. Fully charged batteries yesterday afternoon at 3:00 and hooked to solar panels. Never was able to switch from battery to wired. Instructions on web don’t match the app. Love finding things like that. The garage battery is now at ZERO and the front battery is at SIX PERCENT. Useless. 18 hours. How can I get help? Wish I could return these things - $300.00 NOT well spent.

Hi @ppwhite. In this case, it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly for further assistance. They’ll be able to pull up your account to review your devices with you and troubleshoot in real time in order to get this sorted out so that your Cameras are receiving the trickle charge they should receive from the Solar Panel. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: