Ring Wired Floodlight - Light Goes off/on About Every Minute

I am hoping someone can assist. I have a Ring wired floodlight that just installed on Tue, completed firmware updates, have the light scheduled to come on at sunset to sunrise, however the light switches off then comes right back on without affecting video recording. Here’s a link to the video of the light going off then coming right back on. The first time the light goes off is at the :44 second mark, then again at the 1:51 mark. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo88EJ8oJgs

@yeshua1 wrote:

I am hoping someone can assist. I have a Ring wired floodlight that just installed on Tue, completed firmware updates, have the light scheduled to come on at sunset to sunrise, however the light switches off then comes right back on without affecting video recording. Here’s a link to the video of the light going off then coming right back on. The first time the light goes off is at the :44 second mark, then again at the 1:51 mark. Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo88EJ8oJgs

Lights and motion for video are triggered by different methods. Have you set up motion zones correctly

The light is scheduled to be on the whole night, not motion activated.

Hey neighbors! @ChrisJohn Great suggestion here, as you are right that the lights triggering as on can be affected differently depending on where the motion detection is coming from. You can learn more about this in our Help Center Article here. @yeshua1 Are you saying that you have a Light Schedule set up under your Light Settings? Can you verify what times you have this Light Schedule set up for? You may need to delete the schedule and then re-add it to see if this helps!

Yes, the lights are set for 7pm to 6am. Also, the light is on the back porch and very little motion going on, and it just continues without stopping, unless you turn the light switch off or the lights through the app. Will try deleting the schedule and checking it again tonight. IF, that doesn’t help, have any other suggestions that might be affecting the lights like that? Thank you both for your responses.

@yeshua1 Chiming in here as I definitely recommend trying what Chelsea recommended. If that doesn’t work out for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at what’s going on and provide more in-depth troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if Chelsea’s recommendation helped, or what our support team suggested if you contact them as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile:

Thank you, I was just thinking about responding when I received your message. Deleting the light schedule and re-adding it worked. Thank you again for the suggestions.

1 Like