Ring Stickup Cam Battery Not Picking Up Animals Or Working at Night?

We purchased a Stickup Cam Battery to install outside to keep an eye on our fishpond as we were losing fish. It picks up people fine during the day but doesn’t seem to pick up any animal movement or record anything at night at all.

The zones are all set correctly and during the day motion is always detected if people are in the zone but not our dogs or any other animals which was the main reason we bought it.

Have we bought the wrong one?

Lee

Hi @leeburrett. The Camera should still detect motion normally at night. Have you tried testing the Camera at night by triggering a test event? You can trigger a test event by walking in front of the Camera at night and seeing if you get an alert of motion detected. I’d also be happy to take a look at your Motion Zones if you don’t mind attaching a screenshot, as I may be able to make some helpful recommendations. :slight_smile:

Hi

Ok I’ve tested at night and yes it does pick up if there is a person in view, but not if it’s just an animal such as one of our dogs. We bought the camera to keep an eye for predators to our fish pond at night so need it ideally to pick up smaller things than just a person.

@leeburrett Thanks for trying that out, I’m glad to hear that the motion detection is working properly! Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Motion Zones, motion sensitivity slider, and Motion Frequency settings? I can take a look and see what recommendations I can offer. :slight_smile:

Hi

I’ve enclosed the screenshots from the phone app. They all look ok to me. Just to confirm it is still not picking up any animal movement.

@leeburrett Thanks for attaching those screenshots. All of the screenshots didn’t load for me at the initial time of my reply, so I apologize for any confusion as I will edit my response here. I would recommend increasing the motion sensitivity slider up more towards the maximum so your Camera will be more sensitive to motion detected.

If that doesn’t do the trick for you, it may be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can work with you directly to adjust the settings and placement as needed for optimal motion detection. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Re: Ring Stickup Cam Battery Not Picking Up Animals Or Working at Night?

Re: Ring Stickup Cam Battery Not Picking Up Animals Or Working at Night?

Same issue here.

I have an indoor cam about 6ft from our cat-flap, and sensitivity on maximum, but nothing.

Responds to me at the edge of shot from 15ft away, and partner moving around in the garden outside, but our adult cat triggers nothing whenever it comes in or goes out.

It looks like it automatically rejects non-human motion. I just wish I could disable it.

Hi @BDT. If you have a Ring Protect plan, ensure you do not have person detection enabled under the Smart Alerts setting. This can impact the motion detection. You can also try moving the Indoor Cam closer, as well as making sure it’s not set up too low to the ground. For additional assistance, you can follow up with our support team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.