Ring Stick up Cam not connecting to WiFi.

I have a ring stick up cam (I think 1st generation) That I had working a few years ago but just put it back in the box because there wasn’t a need at the time. I recently took it out of the box and tried connecting it to my WiFi network. The set up process goes as expected but it fails after I enter the password to connect to my 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. I know with certainty that it’s not the password. I’ve tried to set up steps to reset the stick up cam as well as rebooted my Wi-Fi. I even tried connecting on a different Wi-Fi network with no luck. Does anyone have other any options to try? Could this old stick up cam require a firmware upgrade? It seems to be functioning perfectly fine as it’s practically new with very little use. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @dsfidel! As this Stick Up Cam has not been used in awhile, it will be best to start with a fresh full charge to the battery. This will ensure it has enough power to complete this connection. Great job trying multiple networks, I recommend also trying to create a guest network on your router that utilizes a simplified SSID and password, to ensure there are no special characters or password variables that might conflict with it’s setup.

There should also be an additional setting towards the end of the setup, to connect or add a hidden network. While your network is likely not hidden, this will allow you to enter your wifi information in manually, and might help to force the connection.

If this concern persists, try performing a reset on your Stick Up Cam by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: