Ring Stick Up Cam Live View.

This has to be THE worst piece of software I’ve ever had the (dis)pleasure of using.

I have bought a plug-in camera to be used as a baby camera, however the live view just will not connect.

I’ve done (and found out) the following:
Reset the device,
Re-installed the app,
Checked that the firmware is the latest,
Checked that there are no updated for the app or my phone,

RSSI is 46,

My internet speed is 58Mbit d/l - 14Mbit u/l - 42ms ping (from my phone).

Now as you can imagine, a baby camera with no live view is just an expensive paper weight. I cannot keep this item, so unless a solution can be found, this will be boxed up and sent back to the retailer tomorrow. I have seen countless (literally) posts by people reporting this exact issue, and they are dated weeks and weeks, if not months in some cases. So, it’s really nice to know that the software developers and you as a company are on the case to fix these critical failures and get them resolved right away.

Fantastic new customer experience.

@CPS wrote:

This has to be THE worst piece of software I’ve ever had the (dis)pleasure of using.

I have bought a plug-in camera to be used as a baby camera, however the live view just will not connect.

I’ve done (and found out) the following:
Reset the device,
Re-installed the app,
Checked that the firmware is the latest,
Checked that there are no updated for the app or my phone,

RSSI is 46,

My internet speed is 58Mbit d/l - 14Mbit u/l - 42ms ping (from my phone).

Now as you can imagine, a baby camera with no live view is just an expensive paper weight. I cannot keep this item, so unless a solution can be found, this will be boxed up and sent back to the retailer tomorrow. I have seen countless (literally) posts by people reporting this exact issue, and they are dated weeks and weeks, if not months in some cases. So, it’s really nice to know that the software developers and you as a company are on the case to fix these critical failures and get them resolved right away.

Fantastic new customer experience.

You do understand that it is not a baby monitor in any way right? It will only live view for about 10 minutes and turn off. So, even if you had live view it would be useless for what you’re trying to use it for. I’d return it and buy a baby monitor instead.

That makes even less sense. It’s a security camera. Security cameras should be on 24/7.

You should look at more expensive cameras for 24/7 Live viewing. You never said the model u have most internet connected cams have a time limit before they stop. U can just restart it again. Yea argee Rings 10 min is to short I have an arlo that goes for about half an hour.

@CPS wrote:

That makes even less sense. It’s a security camera. Security cameras should be on 24/7.

Maybe some research before purchasing would have been a good idea

Yea it the same as buying an economy car the saying it cant go over 100mph.

Yeah I wish I did more in-depth research here on the community site. I would have seen that these products are riddled with critical errors. I just assumed that a “security camera” would allow a working live view.

Nowhere did it say that this software does not work. Nowhere did it say that even if this live view did work, you’d only get 10 minutes of viewing. I have a £30 camera that gives 24/7 video, I just wanted a one with better resolution and sound. I checked reviews at point of purchase that all give a flying review, nothing I found said that this would not be suitable.

Broken software, unusable on arrival, pointless purchace. Booked a pickup on Monday for it to be returned.

A shame. The marketing for this product says it’s everything I needed. Advertising this security camera as anything other than a paperweight/brick due do broken software is misleading.

Sorry to hear about this experience @CPS . You’ve definitely covered all the right steps for optimizing live view connection on your Camera. In addition, please ensure that there is not VPN enabled on your mobile device, as well as testing live view with the phone connected to wifi only, or cellular data only.

If the above do not resolve your live view connection concerns, try using our Rapid Ring app, available in your app store and designed for the quickest live view experience.

Regarding the live viewing length, our help center article about using live view states that 10 minutes is the maximum at this time. This is to ensure for an efficient and easy review of your event history, quick recording availability, and even battery life if your device is powered by battery. As we value our neighors’ feedback, we’ve created a feature request board where you can share requests like this and more, that we frequently share with our teams here.

Please let us know if the steps above helped to improve your live view connection experience.