Ring Spotlight Camera (wired) Focus

Does anyone have issues with camera focus? I have some pretty blurry cameras. I wouldn’t think they’d be that bad.

3 floodlight cams - 1 iof 3 blurry.

3 spotlight cams - 2 of 3 blurry.

2 stick up cams - these are pretty crisp.

Are some of the cameras focusing on the wall they’re mounted on? Can I focus it somehow?

Thanks

I have the indoor cam and have been experiencing slow auto focus type problem. When I get movement I should get a sharp focus, but it takes about 4 seconds from blurry to sharp focus, even during bright light. It is pointed through a window facing outdoor. I’m looking for some option to have focus locked.

Hey neighbors! Do you mind showing us a video example of what this focus/blur looks like? Happy to look into this further for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Chelsea,
Sorry I’m responding late. I captured the video and was going to send it, but I noticed the captured video was perfect. While viewing in the Ring app you can see its image is out of focus for about 3 seconds then snaps in focus, but viewing that same video clip that I captured to share and it’s perfect. I then viewed it on the Ring app and kept restarting the video by sliding the bar and the problem disappeared. So it appears like some video processing delay. You think this is what’s happening and I don’t remember having this happen before. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Chelsea, my camera is also out of focus, I’ve cleaned it, put in a sealed bag with crystals to dry out any moisture but no effect. Please see attached.

Hi @Newlandian, happy to chime in here. If you’ve already cleaned the lens to ensure it’s free of any dirt and debris and it is still showing out of focus and blurry like this, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can look into this further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: