Ring Spotlight Camera - install charged battery, but red LED light still on

I have a Ring Spotlight Camera. I installed a charged battery, but the red LED light that indicates a dead battery is still lit, and the Ring app shows that the battery is dead, too. I’ve tried the reset button to no avail. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be, and what solution might work? Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey @timc. If you have charged up the batteries to full and the Spotlight Cam is still not powering on, I recommend give our support team a call here to work out any of the best next steps for you!

I am having this same issue with both of my spotlight cams. I bought two new batteries thinking that may do the trick but it did the same thing. Support states that it is a defective product but it is odd that it happened to both of them.

I’m having the same issue. Ring spotlight cam suddenly went offline with full battery and wont power on. I have tried replacing three different fully charged batteries, but the inside of the battery compartment still shows the blinking red light.
My other spotlight cam accepted all three batteries and powered right up, and my wi-fi signal is strong so that cant be a factor…was there a recent firmware update that maybe caused this??

I am having the same issue. I believed it to be the old battery, only 3 months old, and bought 2 new batteries. Charged both all night put them into the spotlight and they show red as if they had no charge.

Things to note the ring spotlight worked fien for 3 moths, and i charged it 3 times successfully.

I have exactly the same issues. Two previously functional cameras just show red lights in the battery compartments when fully charged batteries are inserted. Both have auxiliary solar panels attached.

1 Like

Hi, did anyone find a fix for this?

I’m having the exact same problem with mine. It has only worked for a short time since I’ve had it.

Not pleased with Ring!

Kathy

I have two batteries for mine and they both say they are dead when they are guilt charged. Very frustrating

1 Like

Buy the solar panels that come with ring so battery’s stay charged with the sun and no more charging. Make sure you put two batteries in your ring instead of one.

1 Like

Having the same problem . 2 batteries show green fully charged but when I plug them in they’re dead, red lights inside cam. And I have a solar panel connected. Have never had battery issues before . WTF

2 Likes

Have 2 batteries AND solar panel, any other suggestions?

Well, having just purchased two outdoor solar cameras to compliment our Ring doorbell, I purchased two further genuine batteries from Amazon.
New, straight from the box and charging via USB, one battery red+green, the other red only (all day).
Not only is it disappointing that customers appear to be left to wonder aimlessly around the forums without representative interjection, there certainly appears to be serious quality/reliability issues with Ring battery products.

any solution for this yet?

1 Like

I now have the same issue. 16 months old and now useless bit of plastic.

Anyone ever get resolution?

Thanks

Hi @Rick2119! As long as your battery is fully charged and properly inserted into the battery slot, the Camera should power up and be responsive. Please ensure there is not any debris on the battery or in the battery slot. If the Camera is not responding, try a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds.

Once the reset is complete, please attempt a new setup in the Ring app to see if your Camera will reconnect and operate as intended. If not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same problem also and can’t figure out what’s wrong. I installed the ring solar panel about a month ago. I took my camera down a few days ago and when I put it back up I forgot to plug in the solar panel and my battery died. Battery shows it’s fully charged by the solid green light but on the camera app it shows 2% whether the batty is installed or not. It’ll only show battery in right compartment. I put it in the left and still reads 2% in the right compartment

2 Likes

I am Having the same issue Batteries charged out in ring spotlight red indicator lights stay on camera will not reset or power on? Anyone know how to fix this ? Very frustrating

1 Like

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this. Finding the same with 3 cameras

From what ive noticed is a red solid light when you open the cover is fine. It flashes red on the one that needs charged.

1 Like