Ring Spotlight Cam not working

About a year and 1/2 ago, I spent about $800 and bought 2 Ring Video Spotlight Cams, and a Ring Video Doorbell. This was a huge investment for is, but we figured it was worth it due to Ring’s reputation. A few months ago one the lights on one of my wired in spotlight cams stopped working. The lights just kept flashing. I contacted Ring and went through about a dozen tests, and they determined it was broken and needed to be replaced. This was after having it just over a year. Of course because it was just over a year, they let me know the warranty had expired, and there was nothing that they could do. I was/am absolutely stunned that a product at this pricepoint lasted just over a year. I am also questioning Ring’s quality. I have not bought the replacement and may not. I have been researching competetors and thinking I may switch due to the much lower prices. After that original investment that I made, why spend another $250 on another spotlight camera just to have it break again? I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Hey @SJUMD. I’m so sorry to hear what happened to you! I do want to point out something you can do for future to help you in these possible situations. While they don’t happen often, sometimes things break. Since you said you had 2 cameras and 1 doorbell, I assumed you had 3 basic plans, correct? While it may cost just the extra dollar or so, I recommend to upgrade to a Ring Protect Plus Plan. This Plus Plan is $10 USD a month or $100 annually (free two months and in US only), and it will cover all devices. I recommend this if you do get another Spotlight Cam, because the Plus Plan also give you an extended warranty for all devices covered. Since the Plus Plan covers as many devices that are on one location, it would cover all your devices and give you that extended warranty.

How far is it extended you may ask? As long as you have it! Therefore, as long as you have this plan, if something were to ever happen (I love to say, “Just my luck, right?”) you will be covered and in warranty, eligible to get the free replacement. I wanted to bring this up in case this is something that may help for future, and hope you plan to stick around with your neighborhood here at Ring! Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope other neighbors share any experiences they have had that may help you. :slight_smile: