Ring Spotlight Cam no video or live view

Q:

Spotlight camera (battery) outdoor is fully connected with 100% on both batteries and good internet connection (RSSI -47) but now has no video of any kind, only black screen even on the Desktop App. Why?

I have the same issue

I just installed my security cams last weekend, it worked well. however, since yesterday around 8 pm PTS, the cams haven’t worked anymore. I’ve tried to reconnect them to wifi, but all failed.

it’s stuck with “activating devices” and if i tried to see the video earlier, it shows “thefootage is unavalible”

I’ve reinstalled the app and it’s the same.

The customer service sucks, the only way is to call or leave a comment on the community.

NO LIVE CHAT? I regret that I bought this buggy stuffs, i’m going to tell all the ppl I know stay away from this

*my my **RSSI is 36, and it’s really close to the router. **

*battery is fully charged 100% to 99%

I just installed my security cams last weekend, it worked well. however, since yesterday around 8 pm PTS, the cams haven’t worked anymore. I’ve tried to reconnect them to wifi, but all failed. I didn’t change any setting on the cams or the router.

it’s stuck with “activating devices” and if i tried to see the video earlier, it shows “thefootage is unavalible”

I’ve reinstalled the app and it’s the same.

The customer service sucks, the only way is to call or leave a comment on the community.

NO LIVE CHAT? I regret that I bought this buggy stuffs, i’m going to tell all the ppl I know stay away from this

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this neighbors! Video should certainly be working if it worked before at the same location. Removing and reinstalling the app is a great step to take, as well was trying different devices. I recommend also ensuring no VPN is enabled on your mobile devices/ PC, and other apps are closed.

Try power cycling your Camera and router, by unplugging power for several seconds and plugging back in (for the Cam, removing battery and reinserting). This will refresh the connection and ensure wifi communication is optimal.

If this is a newly setup Cam and you have not been getting video to connect, the best next step will be to check our help center article about ports and protocols on your network. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Same old same old. There is clearly an issue with the new firmware on the RING cameras.

Resetting, reconnecting, reinstalling…nothing works. Come on Ring sort this out!