Ring Floodlight Sudden Slow to Pull up and Choppy

Camera worked PERFECT for a week. Always pulled up in 2-3 seconds and smooth playback.

Randomly after the outages shown in the Ring App yesterday or day before it started taking 20 seconds to pull up. Now it seems to pull up sometimes 2-3 seconds.

However when it pulls up it is stuttering real bad. LIke it plays 2 seconds then stocks, then plays again, etc.

My Network is fine I have 400Mb down and 35 up. Yes it is outside so it’s a little far from the router but I show good connection on the Ring app. I know -46 RSSI which should be plenty.

Is the camera jacked up already?

Ideas?

Edit:

(When I run the “Test my Internet” from the Ring App on phone it comes up 218Mbs down 40 up - not sure where that test is coming from, the device itself or my phone?)

Also when I look at the clips on Ring.com it seems fine so it seems to be WiFi streaming issues but I am not having trouble with anything else.

It also stutters when playing on my Echo Show.

Our Ring Doorbell doesn’t have this issue, I can go 5 houses down the street and still stream from my Ring doorbell…there’s something wrong with the cameras upload feed?

Now it won’t even activate…just say s" Activating Device forever…

Sometimes will say “Streaming error”

Sure is expensive to not work but for a week?

This is not an RSSI issue because my Doorbell cam only has slightyly higher RSSI (both are in the green) and it works flawlessly.

How do I even contact support everything I try just directs me to the forums…

I reset the camera (just cut the breaker) - that didn’t work.

I tested it on wife’s phone and 3 kids phones and our Echo Show 8 - same issue with all devices.

Seems this device is defective.

My RSSI is -45, on my Ring Doorbell it’s only -55 and that works fine.

Hey @NewYears1978. Thank you so much for detailing how your camera setup is, what you have done to see if you can resolve this on your end, and testing it on multiple devices! At this time, I think it would be best to reach out to our support team. They can look into this further for you and see why there seems to be that lag and stutter when loading your Live View, even though playback is okay. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how the call goes, as your answer my help other neighbors in the future! :slight_smile:

I have tried everything, resetting it up, moving my router closer to it. We just got new iPhone 11 and it still happens so it’s not a device error.

It’s simple seems like the Floodlight cam doesn’t send the data fast enough.

My Ring camera with SLOWER connection works flawlessly.

I will see if I can call tomorrow - thanks for the help.

1 Like