Ring Floodlight Camera flashing greenlight and no wifi

Looking for help with Ring Floodlight Camera installation. I installed and wired everything correctly according to the instruction. After I turned on the power, the bottom of the camera was flashing greenlight about once per second. It feels like it’s in set up mode but somehow I just couldn’t find any Ring* wifi network in my iPhone so I couldn’t continue with the set up.

Has anybody experienced the same? How to fix?

Thanks!

Hi @jayang! The green indicator is a great sign that you have power to the Floodlight Cam. The next best step will be to reset the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once done, try another setup to see if the Ring network will show up in your wifi settings. Feel free to also try on another mobile device, if possible. If the setup is not completing, or this green light just keeps flashing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.

Hi Marley,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to hold the setup button for more than 1 minute but the green light just keeps flashing. So I thought the device might be defective so I returned it and bought another one. However, weirdly enough, the second device has exactly the same issue - the green light keeps flashing even after I hold the setup button.

Any other idea why this might be happening? Could both cameras be defective?

Thanks!

That was a great step to take! I’m very surprised that this second one did not operate as intended. If charging the battery for a few hours, and pressing the setup button briefly/ completing a setup in the Ring app still does not work, this might need a more in-depth look. Reaching out to our support team will be the best next step so they can see if there is anything going awry with the setup, or with your Camera.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am on my second brand new ring floodlight can and currently on hold for customer support. Does anybody have an answer with respects to flashing green light and unable to join wifi issue ?

I am having the same problem. Did anyone find a solution? I have changed devices and apps and reset the device but still flashing green and unable to connect to ring WiFi setup . Is it supposed to flash green in setup mode? I can not connect to the ring setup Wifi , the app says unable to join and I do not se the ring setup WiFi in my WiFi stings on my phone?

2 Likes

I also have the same problem, has anyone found a solution and would like to share it , really appreciate the help

1 Like

Same problem… second floodlight just flashing green dud.

RING GET IT TOGETHER! Your phone support has no friggin clue.

I had the same problem (flashing green light) when installing my floodlight cam yesterday and managed to get it working.

The problem was that I was using a Caseta dimmer as my switch and I guess it was altering the voltage going to the light a bit because when I took the dimmer out everything worked fine. This wasn’t a problem for me since I wanted constant power to the floodlight and was going to take that switch out anyways and just put a pico remote there.

If you’re having this green light issue make sure you don’t have a dimmer switch controlling the light.

4 Likes

Thank you this fixed the problem.

1 Like