Ring Floodlight Cam won't connect to WiFi

I recently requested a replacement device which was my floodlight and i had to send back the old unit. Well my father installed the new Floodlight then put the old unit in the new floodlight’s packaging so now I do not have the QR code, I scanned the MAC Address barcode on the back of the unit itself but then when prompted to connect to the ring secure wifi or whatever it says I get an error saying that it can’t connect which means I can’t finish the setup process. I need some help obviously I don’t know what else to do.

Try performing the setup process using the manual setup button on the top of the camera. I’ve had two floodlight cams and this was the only way I’ve setup mine. I’ve not done the QR code scan to perform a setup.

1 Like

I am having the same problem.

I have the Floodlight Cam hard-wired for power on my detached garage.
I have a WiFi mesh with a strong signal in my garage.
My garage door opener (less than 10 feet from Floodlight Cam) connects to my network with no problem.

The Floodlight Cam has a constant flashing blue light.
I’ve pushed the reset button and it says its ready for setup. The flashing blue light does NOT stop.

I’ve tried to set up using the QR code and manually; No Joy.

The flashing blue light NEVER goes away.

I can empirically prove I have a strong WiFi signal at the floodlight.

I am looking for a real answer to this problem. Hope is not a strategy. I am not buying more hardware and “HOPE” that it fixes the problem.

I am more inclined to remove the Floodlight Cam (as well as my existing Ring doorbell) and go in another direction entirely.

So please, tell me how to fix this or what is wrong. The flashing blue light that won’t go out makes me believe there is something else wrong here.

Hi @TLubrano. There can be a few things prohibiting the Floodlight Cam from setting up. First, you’ll need to check some settings on your cell phone. You’ll want to make sure that location services are on, bluetooth is off and wifi assist/smart network switch is turned off. Next, remove power going to the Floodlight for 3 minutes, then restore power back to the Floodlight Cam. This should allow you to complete the setup.

If this doesn’t seem to work, try repeating the process with a different cell phone or tablet. If this also proves to be unsuccessful, reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have tried everything as well and still continue to have the blue flashing light. My wired floodlight cam is fully connected and works in my app perfectly fine but the blue flashing light does not go away. where my cam is wired there is a light switch that controls it. The switch was accidentally turn off and it disconnected my system. I went through all of the processes that were listed and had trouble reconnecting my cam but finally was able to. And the blue flashing light will not go away. Everything is perfect on my device health check so I’m not sure what my issue is here

pls, help me to activate that and down load its driver

Hi neighbors. If you’re having trouble connecting your Floodlight Cam to wifi or completing the setup process in the Ring app, please give the following troubleshooting steps a try:

• Try the setup process on a different mobile phone or tablet.
  • Disconnect your Floodlight Cam from power for at least one minute, then restore power and attempt the setup process again.
  • Reset your Floodlight Cam completely by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After this reset is done, walk through the setup process in the Ring app.

If these suggestions don’t help or you’re experiencing any other concerns after setting your Floodlight Cam up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.