Ring Floodlight Cam Faulty

No I do not have their plus plan. I never buy those rip-off warranty extension or insurance plans as most of the time it’s a scam and not worth it. Who would think that the Flood Cam lights would fail so early? Even cheap regular Flood Light motion detector units from home depot last for many many years without failing. RING has put a defective product out that has many customers complaining about the LED lights burning out before their time. RING should make good on this bad production batch pre-mature LED failures. It’s obvious to me that there are bad LED elements being used in these RING Flood Light Cams.

I am not going to rush to cancel my cloud subscription just yet as I don’t want to lose a ton of videos that they have stored in their cloud servers. Overall I was pretty much happy with the RING service aside from the glitches and server outages they’ve had but if I cannot find some parts to put new LED lights on this thing, then I will probably want to cancel the cloud subscription because I won’t be able to use it any longer. It’s terrible this Flood Light failed so early. Just passed the 1 year warranty period (like others have also reported). Dang what disappointment RING.

BTW Eagle328, do you work for RING?

2 Likes