Ring Floodlight Cam Faulty

Floodlights keep flashing erratically at high speed. Try and turn them with the button is goof for about 1 minute and then you see the button turn itself back on and then the lights go again.

One bulb now burnt out. Had to go to the computer and they shut off, but if I try and turn them on all I get is high-speed blinking. Two neighbours on my case with complaints. How is this fixed? Hellllp!

2 Likes

LED lights flash quickly when they are about to go out. I’d say they need to be replaced… Customer service can help if they’re still under warranty.

1 Like

Hi, my RING Flood Light Cam LED lights also just went out exactly as you described on January 10, 2020. It was installed and worked for about 14 months. What an expensive piece of junk now. Searched the web to see if anyone has yet to repair it since they all say RING will not fix it and just tell you to go buy another one! What??? I am now going to try and search for LED elements to replace the original defective ones. I think RING pulled a fast one on us as they say the LED lights should last 10 years. My A$$!.

For the time being I had to rush and buy another brand Flood Light Cam. It is not another RING that’s for sure. If I can’t get my old RING Flood Light Cam fixed, then I wonder if I get a refund for this year’s paid subscription to their cloud service! Dang!

3 Likes

Do you have the plus plan? If so your covered. If not and you want to cancel here is the link to do it.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022109431-Upgrading-Changing-or-Canceling-your-Ring-Protect-Plan
You will get a pro-rated amount back from the plan.

No I do not have their plus plan. I never buy those rip-off warranty extension or insurance plans as most of the time it’s a scam and not worth it. Who would think that the Flood Cam lights would fail so early? Even cheap regular Flood Light motion detector units from home depot last for many many years without failing. RING has put a defective product out that has many customers complaining about the LED lights burning out before their time. RING should make good on this bad production batch pre-mature LED failures. It’s obvious to me that there are bad LED elements being used in these RING Flood Light Cams.

I am not going to rush to cancel my cloud subscription just yet as I don’t want to lose a ton of videos that they have stored in their cloud servers. Overall I was pretty much happy with the RING service aside from the glitches and server outages they’ve had but if I cannot find some parts to put new LED lights on this thing, then I will probably want to cancel the cloud subscription because I won’t be able to use it any longer. It’s terrible this Flood Light failed so early. Just passed the 1 year warranty period (like others have also reported). Dang what disappointment RING.

BTW Eagle328, do you work for RING?

2 Likes

I feel you pain, had the same exact issue. Customer service offer me a discount on a replacement but I felt like I shouldn’t of had to pay to replace it under 2 years because the led’s went bad!!!

1 Like

I had my ring installed in May of 2019 and both my LED lights burnt out this week. I can’t find my box but Ring has record of when I became a member. I would appreciate some help. This is a lot of money for something your company claims last 10-22 years, and I have only had 1.5 years. From reading online, seems like this is a frequent problem.

2 Likes

Yes same thing happen to me.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. If the lights on your Floodlight Cam are not turning on and the troubleshooting steps weren’t able to make them able to come back on, you can contact our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Yeah, I’ve done that already. I was told it needed to be replaced and my warranty had expired. At the time I don’t think I even had it 2 years.

1 Like

Same issue. Just burned out today. How disappointed it is.

1 Like

Same here It started a couple of weeks ago. First one then the other. They both started strobing and flickering at reduced intensity. Some much for having a 25 year led bulb… piece of junk. Next to impossible to reach customer support for a $200+ product.

No

Called their “customer service” number estimated 40-45 minute wait… designed to make you want to hang up

My daughters camera’s LED lights got filled with water. This stressed the power supply and it no longer can provide enough current to keep the LED’s on, so they flash on an off.

I took it apart, and while the power supply is potted (i.e. sealed from the elements) the LED’s are not. Water ran down the inside, followed the wires and into the LED housings. They looked like half full glasses of water.

LED’s seem to be ok, but I’m trying to find a power supply to stick back in there. Voltage to the LED’s is a bit over 40VDC - if that is indeed the correct voltage. The voltage isn’t stable and wavers which tells me the voltage regulator circuit is hosed. Time to scour eBay for parts.

Hi neighbors! We strongly advise you to not dismantle your device in any way, as it may void your warranty. You can learn more about your device’s warranty here. Should you have any concerns with your device’s performance or there is any physical damage, and you’re not able to find a solution here on the Community, please reach out to our support team before attempting to take your device apart.

You can get in contact with our support team directly by calling one of the numbers shown here here. If you’d prefer not to reach out over the phone, you can also reach out to our support team on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message.

Same problem here. Sad to know Ring will do nothing about it if it is out of warranty.

I have the same issue and the cam is no longer under warranty although its only the round led board that needs replaced and 2 wires to be soldered so where can I get the spare part ?

Try this link on YouTube to repair the lights, he reported that everything worked.

I was going to purchase a plus plan and an additional Ring products, however, probably won’t now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.