cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Cameras connect to my Wifi or Base Station

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Cameras connect to my Wifi or Base Station

I currently have an alarm company whose name starts with A and ends with T. I hate how my cameras are always failing. They fail because they connect to the Gateway's Wifi, not my home Wifi (which has a wonderful Eero mesh system). 

I am wondering if the Ring cameras connect to my home Wifi network, or do they connect to the Ring Base Station? I'm thinking of switching over my cameras and everything to Ring and want to make sure they will be better and not have the same problem. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Ring Cameras connect to my Wifi or Base Station

Glad you asked @mrcannon! Our Video Doorbell and Camera devices will certainly connect to your in home network. Eero is an excellent network solution to use for our devices. 

The Ring Base Station will only be needed with the Ring Alarm system, as it is used to connect and communicate to your Alarm devices. Same goes for Smart Lighting and the Smart Lighting Bridge. Ultimately, anything Camera enabled will connect directly to wifi! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.