Ring App doesn’t work on cellular data

Ring app only works on WiFi and cannot connect to camera or previous recording via 4G / LTE. There are no connectivity issues on my data as all other apps and speed tests work fine. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled and nothing works. Help?

Hi @JamesFord! If you have an android, please check for any apps that might conflict with the Ring app. I recommend also disabling VPN, and even bluetooth, to maximize processing and connection for the Ring app. Try also, checking in with your data carrier to see if they have any plan features that might affect video streaming. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Same here, no connection via cellular since adding a camera and no additional programs.

Hi @Mjvitetta. What model phone are you using and what version of the Ring app is your phone on? I would check to make sure that your Ring app version is the most recent, as running an old version can be problematic.

This is happening for me but on iPhone - AT&T

Turn off LTE / 4G and turn on 2g/3g it you want to view your live feeds and videos… otherwise your limited to WiFi