Reviews for Stick camera battery 0n Amazon

Hi

Was going to buy a spare battery to keep charged but now appalled to read they only last 6-12 months ( in literature one review said) and some reviews said weeks !

The negative reviews on Amazon about buying a spare battery are terrible and one 5* review mentioned the latest batteries sold on Amazon has issues fitting as seem to be made by a different manufacturer !

My son has this installed in the USA and the picture quality is great hence ordering 5 cameras for ourselves but really put off by the battery comments

Comments welcome please

Hi @monet208. The battery life that you experience will depend on a few factors. One factor is the amount of events that your Stick Up Cam experiences per day. The other, is the RSSI of your Stick Up Cam. Typically, a fully charged battery will last for around 800-1,000 events. The more events your Stick Up Cam experiences, the more battery drain you will see. The RSSI (wifi signal strength) also plays a part in this. The lower the RSSI number, the harder your Stick Up Cam will work during these events, which will cause the battery to drain faster that a device with a higher RSSI. These 2 facors combined will determine how long your battery will last. Our Ring Quick-Release Battery can be found here and fit all our our battery operated devices.

My stick up cam battery worked great up until month 10 when the battery started draining from 100% to 80% to dead the next morning. What gives? I bought a new battery and the same thing happens. I’ve set my strings to those least likely to drain the battery and still no more than 2-3 days between charges. The cam was bought on Amazon in June, 23, 2020. It is a third generation cam.

Hi @Rilera. I suggest performing a reset on your Stick-Up Camera, then reconnecting it to wifi. You can reset your camera by pressing and holding the Setup Button, then release. Once that is complete, you can reconnect it to wifi. After a short update, your battery should function as normal.

If this is not the case, reach out to our support team to look into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Tried as suggested. Will let you know how long the battery charge lasts.

1 Like