Replacing Motion Sensor on Existing Floodlight w/ Spotlight Cam Mount

Hello, I have an existing floodlight on the front of my house; it’s really nice & bright with intigrated daylight colored bulbs (5000K). I don’t want to replace the whole floodlight with a floodlight cam because the existing light is so much brighter than the floodlight cam lights (and a life saver when I’m snowblowing in the winter & it’s dark out). I purchased a spotlight cam mount after seeing that you could replace the motion sensor on an existing floodlight with a spotlight cam, and the spotlight cam would work in it’s usual fashion with the added benifit of also turining on the lights on the flood light by wiring the existing lights to the red wire (switch leg) on the spotlight cam.

It’s one of those dawn to dusk flood lights. I pulled my flood light off the junction box and it’s interal wiring isn’t like your typical flood light with a couple screw in bulbs. It’s wiring was pretty well sealed, but I did manage to pop the cover off and open the internal componants, which consisted of a computer board, a heat sink, resistors, etc. and the wiring coming off the motion sensor itself (2 wires) each consisting of 5 small wires bundled together and plugged into the board. Here is the link to the flood light that I have: https://hw.menardc.com/main/items/media/LUMIN005/Install_Instruct/install_ow9220bz.pdf

I should have taken a picture of the internal parts of the light when I had it apart, but I didn’t think of it at the time.

Is it possible to even wire the spotlight cam into this flood light? Or am I better off shopping for a new flood light that doesn’t have the circuity involved if I want one with the 5000K daylight color?

Two questions:

1. Did you ever get a response to this post?

2. You stated that “I purchased a spotlight cam mount after seeing that you could replace the motion sensor on an existing floodlight with a spotlight cam, and the spotlight cam would work in it’s usual fashion with the added benifit of also turining on the lights on the flood light by wiring the existing lights to the red wire (switch leg) on the spotlight cam…”

I’m intrigued by this option. I have a couple of Ring Floodlight Wireds to which I’d like to add cameras. But I can’t find any resources on how to do this. It’s not listed as a feature on the Spotlight Cam Mount product page. I’ve seen YouTube videos of people adding the Spotlight Cam Mount to other, 3rd party floodlight sets, but not to the Ring ones. Can you direct me to any info on this? Thanks!