Recover Accidentally Deleted Video from Web Interface

I just discovered that if you are looking at your event history on the web interface, then ACCIDENTALLY tap the delete button, it does NOT ask you to confirm deletion!!! This is extremely frustrating as wasn’t planning on deleting the video I was viewing! They SERIOUSLY need to have a “Recently Deleted” queue so you can recover an accidentally deleted video. What if the video I deleted was something important??? It WAS something I wanted to keep, and potentially very important, so I am very upset that this happened! FIX IT SO THE WEB INTERFACE CONFIRMS DELETION PLEASE!!!

1 Like

I have the same question! Our household shares the RING app, and someone deleted a video, that should not have been deleted. I would like to retrieve this video! Is there a way!?

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about this @elizard! We recommend using the Ring app to review and delete events. Check out our help center article containing the best steps to take for deleting events. We will definitely share your feedback with the team to consider for the browser interface.

@terriandhopeton, deletion is permanent. Once events have been deleted, they cannot be recovered.

1 Like

You definitely need to add a restore deleted file to your software. I am not impressed with the software for Ring. I lost important burglary files that I needed for evidence.

5 Likes

I deleted a video by accident that I need is there a way to retrieve it??

2 Likes

At Ring we value your security and your privacy. For this reason your videos are only existing on your account. It is highly recommended to download any very important videos right away, so that they are not lost. When deleting videos in the Ring app or at Ring.com, you will receive one more prompt to confirm deletion before they are removed for good. Check out our Help Center article about deleting videos in the Ring app for more tips! Please also ensure your subscription is always up to date, as a lapse in subscription can result in loss of videos. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I completely agree with this issue.
THIS IS THE MOST STUPIDEST FUNCTION.
1- MUST HAVE A WAY TO CONTROL USERS ABILITY TO DELETE
2- MUST HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER DELTED VIDEOS/CONTENT

4 Likes

Yes, this is ridiculous!!! I need the footage from yesterday for something very important and I accidentally deleted the one I needed. How to retrieve this???

1 Like

I am also so frustrated with fact that you can not retrieve for at least 30 days mistakenly deleted videos. I have a few deleted on 12/31/21 that is of the most importance that will cost me a good penny that was needed for court. In this modern age of savvy tech there must be a way to retrieve MY videos. If there is anyway at all possible please let me know. Thank you

You really should give users the ability to recover accidentally deleted videos. Even if it’s just a 30 day window of recordings. It baffles me that you don’t have this functionality, and clearly people have been begging you for several years now to add it.

1 Like