Recordings too short, motion still going on

@Caitlyn_RIng - Yes, I’ve already read those, and they’re mostly helpful, but don’t address anything about not picking up motion directly toward or away from the camera. It’s not a big deal, since a person would need to step up on the porch to get to the door and be detected that way. But, before they get to the porch, they could look in a window undetected, which I might like to know about (the window has a contact sensor on it, so they couldn’t enter that way undetected, although I may not have a video of it.)

I have sort-of solved the continuous motion issue by turning off ‘Verification’ and turning both cameras to ‘Frequent’, although it can affect the battery life. I think my issue is more a difference of opinion with the designers about looking at motion as discrete events spaced out over time. I understand that issue, but I would rather have another setting to control what happens when a continuous motion is continuing when the 30 second recording ends. To me, if the PIR detector still detects motion at the end of the recording, it should immediately start a new 30 second recording, regardless of the frequency setting. If there is no motion at the end of the recording, it should follow the frequency setting before starting another one. If somebody is breaking in a door or window, I don’t want the recording to stop before they actually do it if they took 30 seconds to walk up to the door and look around first.

Overall, I’ve been really happy with the alarm system and integration with the cameras. It’s not quite perfect yet, but very close to what I was wanting, right out of the box without much more tweaking than I would expect with a new system.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like