Record motion setting linked to security system

Is there any way to link the record motion setting to the security system?
I have a stick up cam in my living room, and wish to have the record motion off when the alarm is off or home, and have it turned on when the alarm is set to away. I don’t think this is an option currently within the ring app, but is there a way to achieve this even with a third party app like Amazon alexa?
Thank you in advance for any feed back

1 Like

Great question @Eprado08 ! You are able to link your Cams to the Alarm system and set your Cams to record when the Alarm sounds, or when entry delay is triggered.

As of right now, there is no linking feature that would toggle your Cam specific motion settings on or off based on an Alarm state. This would be an excellent feature request to share with the team though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just about to ask this same question. I am sick of constantly having to snooze my security cam when I am home. It should be a no-brainer that it is automatically linked to not record motion when I get home and disable the security system and also to enable when I set my alarm to away. I really hope they implement this feature soon.