Reconnect to new wifi

I recently setup new wifi. I cannot connect my ring camera to new wifi. I do not have option on the App to reconnect

Iā€™m have the exact same issue

Hi neighbors! When changing your wifi network connection, there are a couple methods to accomplish the new connection. If you visit the device health section in your Ring app, you should see a ā€œChange Wifi Networkā€ option, which will bring you through the steps of connecting.

Another way is to complete a setup in the Ring app as normal. This will not duplicate a device on your account, but instead allow it to reconnect and overwrite the offline device. This method may require the settings to be reconfigured once complete. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I had to replace my modem. Cox did the work while I was out of state and I will be for another few months. Can I reconnect my devices to the different wifi network without being able to connect to that network. Can the reconnect be done remotely or do I have to be there physically? I have a doorbell, two spotlight cameras and a stick up battery camera. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hey @mlgoode. The process for connecting a Ring device to a new wifi network is very similar to the initial setup, and it cannot be done remotely. In this case, you or someone with access to the primary Ring account will need to physically be there to get your Ring devices moved to the new wifi network.

I need to connect new wifi. I have been unable to do so.

Hi @WJordan7. You can find steps on how to reconnect your Ring device to wifi in our Help Center Article here. Iā€™ll list the steps below as well.

• Open up the Ring app and tap on the three lines on the top left.
  • Look for Devices in the list on the left side of the screen.
  • Tap Devices.
  • Select the device (camera, doorbell, etc.) you need to reconnect to wifi.
    • Use the same process to change to a new wifi network.
    • Use the same process to reconnect multiple Ring devices to wifi.
  • Tap on Device Health on the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap on Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @WJordan7 ,

If you need to connect your Ring devices, due to changing to a new Wi-Fi Router/modem, here is another tip that may be useful to you.

Depending on the number of Wi-Fi devices that you currently were using on your old broadband/internet supplier, you may find, instead of changing all your Wi-Fi devices (including your Ring products) to the new SSID/password on your new Wi-Fi router, you may find it much easier/better to change the new SSID/password (Wi-Fi name you see for your network) to the old SSID name and password. Then, all your other devices will not need to be changed. Your Ring devices that were attached to your old Router/modem will be none the wiser, and just ā€˜thinkā€™ they are connected to your old one.

There should be online methods (your new Wi-Fi provider website, YouTube, etc) to walk you through on how to accomplish this with your new router.

I hope you find this helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great idea. I do find this useful

2 Likes

How come the video says there is a ā€œchange wifiā€ option, when there isnā€™t? Just had to switch wifi/router and my ring doorbell didnā€™t have the option in the app/dashboard to ā€œchange wifi,ā€ which wouldā€™ve made this so much easier. Instead, I deleted the device and tried to re-setup the whole thing, but when I scanned the QR code, it said the device belonged to someone else. Huh? It belongs to me. So confused.

Hi @kmaletta. The option to change your WiFi network is located in the Ring app under the Device Health menu. Check out this Quick Fix guide here for more info.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.