Problem with Android notification

I’m very happy with your product, however the Android notifications are a problem. I get the pop up but no sound. I’m very familiar with settings for Android and the problem isn’t with my phone. It’s your app. I seen your troubleshooting steps and understand them. Again it’s not my phone. Please fix, an audible notification is pretty important when you’re away from home. I don’t spend all day looking at my phone and I’m going to miss a motion alert but will end up catching it when an intruder is already gone

Sorry to hear about this experience @Scottm454 ! As a first step, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. As you mentioned already checking settings in both the app, and mobile device, the next best thing would be to ensure bluetooth, vpn, or even 3rd party app connections are not interfering with your notifications. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app as a first step before posting. Also I have no third party app connection issues. I appreciate the reply though.

1 Like

I have the same issues and more. Notifications not going off. Camera light coming on but no notifications, and no video. I have a Foold Cam and Spotlight cam and both are completely inconsistent. I was robbed for 30 minutes, all cauhgt on camera, but no alerts or anything. Very frustrating. I;ve done all of the steps and still same issues.

This is a big issue with Ring and they don;t seem to want to fix it. It’s making me want to get another system.

Same notification problem, only get a chime (sometimes). Had this same problem the last time they updated the Ring App. PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Does anyone here with an Android phone know how to turn off battery optimization? That might be the problem. Turn it off for the Ring app and also allow for background data use.

As a first step, uninstalling and reinstalling the application will ensure the app is up to date, integrated optimally with your mobile device, and should give you a chance to accept all permissions necessary for full functionality. The next best thing to check is that all of your motion alert toggles are turned on in the app, and there is not a motion snooze or schedule active.

Once the above is confirmed, I recommend checking your Android phone for the following:

• Test while on wifi only, then again on data only.
  • Try with certain connection types disabled (bluetooth, VPN, hotspots, etc)
  • Disable any 3rd party booster, sweeper, optimizer, or security apps and test.
  • Check notification settings to ensure Ring app is priority and allowed for alerts/ banners.
  • Check other unique settings like silent/ do not disturb mode, or even power save mode

If these suggestions did not help to resolve your notification concerns, please reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, who will be happy to assist with more in depth troubleshooting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

All of a sudden I’m unable to snooze the on my phone.

The camera has options to snooze up to 2 hours but it won’t snooze at all

I have uninstalled and installed twice but it won’t fix the problem

I understand it’s your app. Do you plan on fixing it soon?

Im having the same problem to which i found out after switching phones but still using the same service. I still have my other phone and it works great, the new one wont send notifications. Its a Generic Brand from metro T moble and the other one is a LG Stylo 4.

I wrote up a comment about it in the General section of this Community. It has something to do with the Quality of the phone itself, cheaper brands dont want to work properly especially getting notifications.