Prevent Ring Spotlight Cam from Recording

I want to be able to turn off recording from my Ring SPotlight cam, seems like a simple request but I cannot make the thing not record. I find on Rigns website it says "Using the Motion Record Control to Completely Disable Recording" and referes to using Motion Record Control in the app. There isn’t a motion record control. Under Motion Settings I tried turning off all zones, and it continues to record any motion it sees. All day yesterday it recorded my guests outside in the back yard. I was able to get the alerts to stop, but there was nothing I could do to make it stop recording.

1 Like

@Treb wrote:

I want to be able to turn off recording from my Ring SPotlight cam, seems like a simple request but I cannot make the thing not record. I find on Rigns website it says "Using the Motion Record Control to Completely Disable Recording" and referes to using Motion Record Control in the app. There isn’t a motion record control. Under Motion Settings I tried turning off all zones, and it continues to record any motion it sees. All day yesterday it recorded my guests outside in the back yard. I was able to get the alerts to stop, but there was nothing I could do to make it stop recording.

Hi I have found this a problem as well.

I have the battery / solar ring Spot light cam and when I go into Motion Settings ? Motion Zones and turn off all the zones I find it doesnt disable recording or notications. Very strange. There doesnt appear to be a way to turn off motion notications

I have 8 Ring battery / solar spot light cams and they all behave like this. So maybe a common defect or feature where you cant turn off motion detection for recordings and notifcations

Hey neighbors! The Record Motion toggle should show on your device page and allow you to disable recording. Please open the Ring app, tap the menu (top right), select devices, and then choose your Camera. On the Camera’s main page there should be a toggle right above the Motion Alert toggle, for Record Motion. If there is not, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. Let us know if this works! :slight_smile:

Hi marley

This is only available on my 2nd gen battery stick up cam. But the option is not available on battery solar spotlight cam

Ken

1 Like

@marley are you sure the battery solar spotlight cam has the same functionality options as the stick up cam

I want to stop the camera from recording when I am in the yard. I see the switch to prevent the camera from sending motion alerts, but it does not stop the camera from recording. Is there a firmware update to fix the problem?

1 Like