Poor Video Quality

We had an attempted break in. The camera recorded the incident but the video pixelated at a distance of 60 feet and I could not make out the marker plate. I thought the video quality would be better.

Hi @Gonzo! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

You did NOT answer my question. The problem is not with connectivity. The problem is pixelation at 60 feet and the inability to read the license plate of the car driven by the person that broke into my home on a sunny day

I’ve been getting that too and wierd colours too the cam going all odd why ?

Very poor video quality. Call them at 800-656-1918. From their perspective everything works properly

It may be “working probably “ but it’s useless if it can’t read a license plate at 60’ in bright sunlight

Do you have a video of the point of view of your camera / experience? It sounds like it was just a bit too far for the camera to properly read out. Not to mention, wifi will absolutely have an affect on the overall video quality. Thanks

I’ve sent links to your community support personnel. If you would like me to send you a copy please forward your email address. I feel that at 60’ your camera should be able to read a license plate in full sunlight

Video & quality shouldn’t be in the same sentence with Ring products - it’s laughable. Until you realize how much money you spent…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.