Poor Sound Quality on my Spotlight Cams (Battery)

Hi, I have three spotlight battery cameras which used to work great, but then for some reason, the sound quality of the recordings is now terrible. Picture quality is fine, but the sound is choppy and just jumps all over the place. I followed all of Ring’s troubleshooting advice, but the wifi signal and router channel all seem fine. Without good sound quality, these cameras are useless to me (sad story, but I am a single mother and have a restraining order on my nextdoor neighbor who verbally harasses me and my young children on a daily basis, and I need clear audio to give to the police every time she violates the restraining order otherwise they can’t write a report…). I am tearing my hair out trying to work out why the sound worked fine for so long but now is terrible. Thank you so much, any advice appreciated!

Hey @katyireland. Could you share us a video example of what this poor audio quality sounds like? I would love to hear what you’re hearing to see what could be causing it. When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. In addition, what is the RSSI for your Spotlight Cams, and is this happening on all three of them? If possible, feel free to share a video from each one if so!

Sorry for the slow response. The sound interference is happening on all three of my Spotlight cameras, and also my Ring doorbell. It sounds like the sound is constantly cutting in and out, so it’s really hard to make out what somebody is saying. The picture quality seems fine though.

https://ring.com/share/f145359a-bd2b-45d4-9587-8c65bbbbd4da

https://ring.com/share/617c4ca1-7fa4-45b4-8527-85a6070086c9

The signal strength on all four devices ranges from OK (RSSI - 64.0) to GOOD (RSSI - 45.0)

Thank you,

Katy

Re: Poor Sound Quality on my Spotlight Cams (Battery)

I have 4 of the LED Ring camera’s on our home and the audio quality has NEVER been good. When we (my wife or I try) to talk to someone via our phone viewing someone SEEN on any of the camera’s (we can’t discern what is being said). I noticed that when they were being installed (the audio to assist – I guessing in was saved or something) was OK and the words were soft but understandable. I am sorely disappointed with the audio of them my video however is very nice and vivid.

Hi @MrD55. Audio issues are often related to your network. This Help Center article here has some great tips and tricks for fixing most audio issues. I hope this helps!