Pink Picture

A couple of good smacks and mine is now working and back to normal! Thanks for the tip…

5 Likes

Ditto.
I held down the reset button. Same pink tinge on the picture.
Cleaned it. Nothing changed.

1 Like

I have the same issue now for well over 10 months. With my flood light ring. I call tech support and did all they asked. And still not working properly. I guess this particular ring product has a lot of Issues they have not fixed or can ‘t fix. When I get a chance I’ll change I’ll see what other company. Has similar product and change it. This flood light ring was not cheap.

1 Like

When I “smacked” it - it went from 1/2 red to all red, Yikes!

So I “smacked” it again, and it’s 90% better. I’ll stop while I’m ahead.

5 Likes

That is hilarious!

Here is a picture of my link screen

I gave it a few hard taps (not on the lens) and it works just fine now. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

This pink/orange haze happended today. Before that I had the purple haze. The unit faces hot temps in N. Cali summers. It was chilly last night.

I’ll try rebooting AGAIN to see if it resolves the issue. I’ve had it for less than 2 years. :\

1 Like

Uggghhhh… looks like an all too common problem. I’m in the same boat!

I have the same problem. Reset did nothing to resolve. Last ring product I will be purchasing.

I work in the tech field and haven’t had to tap anything in a while to get it to work, but I be a monkey’s uncle but “percussive maintenance” worked. The first couple hits on the left side made it worse, but on the right back to back on my camera fixed it. Pretty Ghetto, but it worked.

3 Likes

This fixed the pink tint on mine. I hope it helps you. Good luck.

4 Likes

And just did same thing and it fixed it, too. First couple of taps actually made it worse and the entire screen turned pink. Then it got totally blurry. Kept on doing it and when it suddenly was clear, I stopped and left it. We will see how long this fix lasts. Shame on RING.

3 Likes

I have a ring stickup V2 powered that is pink. I have tried all the suggestions here, pwr off, reset, tap on side, but nothing has worked. How or who do i contact for a warranty replacement?

I had a Ring Doorbell Pro exhibiting the “pink” picture. So I figure out it’s a “physical” problem. Basically if I put the position the doorbell upside down, the pink picture disappears. If I listen “carefully” I can here a “click” sound of something moving as I turn it from upright to upside down. So must be some “physical” filter that’s not sticking in place. However trying to convince Ring support that’s it’s not a power issue has been frustrating, I’m disappointed in paying for Ring Protect with this extended warranty and it doesn’t seem to buy you anything.

Same issue here. I tried re-booting and re-connecting but still pink. It used to be half of the screen. Now it’s taken over the full screen. My other cameras are ok. Can you advise a solution or provide options?

Holy smokes, I just took a rubber mallet and solidly tapped on the right back side of the floodlight cam 5-6 times while holding the other side with my left hand to hold it in place and it DID fix the video color just as others had suggested. I had my phone on live view as I was tapping and could see the color adjusting from left to right on the screen and kept on tapping until the entire view was corrected.

2 Likes

Hello,

yesterday, all of a sudden my floodlight cam view has a red tinge to the picture. the whole field of view is reddish now. Is this some kind of problem with the LED sensor?

:partying_face: I couldn’t believe it when I read that we should give it a whack a few times. Mine was about 3/4 pink. I whacked it on the sides and top and bottom and it went full pink. I whacked it a few more times from the side and it cleared up!!

I’ve been living with this pinkish problem for a while. Powering on and off does nothing. I didn’t try resetting everything from scratch as i figured that was pointless troubleshooting

Don’t give up people. Hit the side of the camera portion a few times!

:laughing:

3 Likes

Hi. Just thought I’d mention that I had the same pink screen issue today. I called Ring and within 10 minutes a free replacement was ordered. Now that I know a replacement is on the way I can start hitting the current one with a mallet to see if it fixes it :+1: :laughing:

1 Like