Pink Picture

Same. Did the reset and nothing changed.

Hi neighbors! Performing a reset, by holding the setup button for 20 seconds, or even a power cycle (turning off/on) should help. If it does not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Had the same problem with one camera. Nighttime was fine, daytime looked pink or orange. Read another forum that said it might be some kind of IR filter stuck in the retracted position. If cutting the power and re-starting doesn’t work, they suggested there could be some dust or something preventing it from operating. They suggested “percussive maintenance”. I gave the camera a couple of gentle taps and the situation was resolved. Picture back to normal. Hey, it worked for TVs in the 70s, why not Ring Cameras in the 20s.

8 Likes

I struggled with this as well, I’ve tried everything suggested by ring, at my wits end I decided to try ‘percussive maintenance’ suggested by one user above and BAM IT TOOK A FEW HITS AND MY SPOTLIGHT IS BACK TO NORMAL! unbelievable!

4 Likes

I’ve read so many complaints about the Ring floodlight showing a pink picture. Especially the lawn, trees, etc. Well, someone posted that they got up to the floodlight and hit the side of it and the picture was not pink anymore. I was like that’s just crazy. But, I told my husband about what I read and he just now took the ladder out, climbed up, and smacked the side of the floodlight and you are not going to believe this. IT’S FIXED!!! No more pink picture. So, give it a try and have a wonderful day.

10 Likes

A couple of good smacks and mine is now working and back to normal! Thanks for the tip…

5 Likes

Ditto.
I held down the reset button. Same pink tinge on the picture.
Cleaned it. Nothing changed.

1 Like

I have the same issue now for well over 10 months. With my flood light ring. I call tech support and did all they asked. And still not working properly. I guess this particular ring product has a lot of Issues they have not fixed or can ‘t fix. When I get a chance I’ll change I’ll see what other company. Has similar product and change it. This flood light ring was not cheap.

1 Like

When I “smacked” it - it went from 1/2 red to all red, Yikes!

So I “smacked” it again, and it’s 90% better. I’ll stop while I’m ahead.

5 Likes

That is hilarious!

Here is a picture of my link screen

I gave it a few hard taps (not on the lens) and it works just fine now. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

This pink/orange haze happended today. Before that I had the purple haze. The unit faces hot temps in N. Cali summers. It was chilly last night.

I’ll try rebooting AGAIN to see if it resolves the issue. I’ve had it for less than 2 years. :\

1 Like

Uggghhhh… looks like an all too common problem. I’m in the same boat!

I have the same problem. Reset did nothing to resolve. Last ring product I will be purchasing.

I work in the tech field and haven’t had to tap anything in a while to get it to work, but I be a monkey’s uncle but “percussive maintenance” worked. The first couple hits on the left side made it worse, but on the right back to back on my camera fixed it. Pretty Ghetto, but it worked.

3 Likes

This fixed the pink tint on mine. I hope it helps you. Good luck.

4 Likes

And just did same thing and it fixed it, too. First couple of taps actually made it worse and the entire screen turned pink. Then it got totally blurry. Kept on doing it and when it suddenly was clear, I stopped and left it. We will see how long this fix lasts. Shame on RING.

3 Likes

I have a ring stickup V2 powered that is pink. I have tried all the suggestions here, pwr off, reset, tap on side, but nothing has worked. How or who do i contact for a warranty replacement?

I had a Ring Doorbell Pro exhibiting the “pink” picture. So I figure out it’s a “physical” problem. Basically if I put the position the doorbell upside down, the pink picture disappears. If I listen “carefully” I can here a “click” sound of something moving as I turn it from upright to upside down. So must be some “physical” filter that’s not sticking in place. However trying to convince Ring support that’s it’s not a power issue has been frustrating, I’m disappointed in paying for Ring Protect with this extended warranty and it doesn’t seem to buy you anything.