Pink Picture

I have noticed similar questions posted but no real answers. I too have a pink picture on my Flood cam. My other two Ring cameras are fine. Is this a software issue - it seems like there are a lot of us having similar issues.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @tlcerwick! Can you please include an image example of your concern? This will help the Community to provide you with the best recommendations.

For now, the best first step would be to power your Floodlight Cam off then back on to see if this improves the image. Please also ensure your device is mounted/ angled properly and unobstructed. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Pink Video

I tried resetting the device several times by holding down the setup up button for 20 seconds. I also turn it off at the circuit breaker for 10 seconds then turn it back on and it is still showing pink. See video in attachment

Can some please advise how to correct this problem.

2 Likes

Yep…They should rename company to RINGPINK/MULTICOLOR CAMERA…And it appears to be a problem they should be aware of and have not fixed or simply can’t. So they should stop selling it or people should buy another brand. Reviews are needed…

9 Likes

Why is the camera fading??

I’m having the same issue after receiving a new replacement camera. My previous floodlight exterior audio (siren and mic) stopped working. A new replacement was sent and as soon as I installed it, I noticed the video was tinted pink. See images attached.

1 Like

Hello, recently my floodlight camera started showing the video screen as purple. Is my floodlight damaged??? Photo attached.

I’ve had my floodlight installed for about 18 months now, and recently the video and live preview have become washed-out with a startk red/pinkish tint. Nighttime video still appears as normal with the full color spectrum, as expected. I contacted customer support, performed the power cycle and full factory reset as requested, with no improvement to the video quality.

Ring is unwilling to replace the floodlight cam because the 1-year warranty has expired and I only have the basic protection plan. I guess only the protect plus plan offers extended device warranty. Ring has offered a discount code towards my next Ring purchase.

This is the 2nd Floodlight malfunction I’ve had in less than 2 years of ownership. (The first was replaced under warranty by Ring).

Is this failure rate atypical?

And kind of a long shot, is there any DIY repair possible for this problem? Seems promising considering the camera color is fine during nighttime hours; it’s only failing during daylight.

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Tried all the suggested resolutions with no luck

1 Like

We frequently have half a pink screen during the day. Does anyone else have this issue?

6 Likes

I’m also having the pink problem and it’s getting worse. My 5 other cameras are working great! They are all less than a year old.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you are unable to get rid of this pink picture quality on your device, please try resetting your device and reconnecting it. For the reset, you will press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, and then go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device in question > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. From here, you will go through another setup of the device, and after a few minutes of it being set up again, please try to trigger the Live View to check on the camera quality.

In the event that the quality is still this off color, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hello, my Ring floodlight cam has been great. But last week the right half of the screen had a pink haze, today almost the entire screen is pink. Images can be seen, ring works as it should BUT it’s pink. Please advise, did yours get fixed?
Bob

2 Likes

Same issue. 1/2 the picture is pink.

2 Likes

Hi, after three different Customer Service calls, rebooting, messing with the circuit breaker, doing a completely new set up, MY SCREEN IS STILL PINK. Half the screen was pink two days ago, today almost the whole screen is pink. My WARRANTY expired 2 weeks ago they will not cut me a break.

I need a new camera. If yours are a year old tell customer SERVICE you want a new camera. Bottom line, you are entitled to a new Camera.
Get on it, before you call go back and see what day it went PINK they can verify it. I’m screwed I have to pay for a new camera. She tried to play stupid until I told her I’ve been reading these Community Comments, then admitted YES your camera is shot. It might have been lightening. Good luck on yours, Bob.

2 Likes

See my comment I have the same problem.

The videos from my floodlight cam have been tinted pink or purple. Sometimes it’s the whole picture and sometimes it’s a portion of it. The color has been consistently off for over a week straight. How can I fix this?

1 Like

same here. Any response or cure? Anyone?

Thank you,

Frank

Same. Did the reset and nothing changed.

Hi neighbors! Performing a reset, by holding the setup button for 20 seconds, or even a power cycle (turning off/on) should help. If it does not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile: