Phone Notification Vibration Pattern

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 with the Ring android app. Vibration notifications from the app come at 3 vibrates, then 3 more virbrates. Is there any way to change this? I just want one virbrate, not 6.

Thank you, Jay

1 Like

You need to check your phone’s settings. Ring doesn’t control that at all. Only notifications, not how many vibrations…

I know you are trying to help and I appreciate that, however that is incorrect (at least it is on my phone). There is no way to change vibration patterns or how many there are on notifications. This is controlled via the app itself. The only thing I am able to change as far as that goes is on phone calls. I can also change vibration intensity on both calls an notifications, but not patterns or number of vibs on notifications.

1 Like

No problem. Are you only using the Ring app and not also Rapid Ring?
If not, then possibly you have the device set to vibrate and it’s causing a double since your notifications are set to vibrate as well. My devices are not set to vibrate and my phone only vibrates once since my notifications are set to vibrate. Just a thought.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a Google Pixel and I get 4 vibrations for one notification. I can only imagine how annoying it is to have 6! I’ve tried checking the setting within the app, my phone notification setting and my phone accessibility settings. All I an do is turn it on or off, no option for the number of vibrations.

1 Like

Posting here as well, as this is probably the most annoying thing in the universe. I have a busy family, so there is a lot of activity going on. I get what seems like two double-vibrates for every motion at the front door, then the subsequent motion at the garage (floodlight cam).

The result is that I’ve just muted the notification. There is absolutely no way to change this on the phone itself.

Is there any way to get someone from Ring to acknowledge this issue? I get 4 intense vibrations when a motion alert comes across from my Ring security camera. I need to be able to adjust the vibration pattern because it goes off a good bit and the pattern is ridiculous.

Hi there, @rfav! Do you have Rich Notifications enabled? As mentioned in our Community article, there are times when Rich Notifications might cause two alerts to be received in order to quickly notify you. Please also check your mobile device notification preferences.

As I test this on an IOS device, a notification is only causing one vibration, and then a reminder vibration a couple moments later, per my settings. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi, the complaints above all appear to be for the Ring Android app, I dont believe there is a problem with the iPhone app. I am also getting 4 very annoying vibrations from each Ring motion event notification.

This is not from two notifications, only one android notification is being created per Ring motion event, that event causes 4 long vibrations which is different to every other app on my phone.

Phone is a Samsung S21 in my case. Can this be looked at again as I’m fairly confident this is a Ring Android app issue?