cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Phone Location for Motion Snooze

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Phone Location for Motion Snooze

Hi 

I am new to Ring and a switchover from Nest. On my Nest App i can turn off my camera if my Phone is home it uses the location of my phone for if the camera is on or off. Is this possible with Ring? 

I have 2 InDoor Cams and I would like them to only alert of motion when I am not home? 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Re: Phone Location for Motion Snooze

You can go in the app and turn off/on the camera.  There is no such location based automatic feature at this time.  But the more people who request a feature . . . so this post may help.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the note :-( I hope they add it soon ....  like the Ring system better than Nest but that feature is going to be missed.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would love to see this implemented!  It is a basic feature with Amazon's Cloud Cam and should be with this camera also.  

Nothing is more irritating that arriving home with a car full of groceries, only to receive notifications as I go in and out.  And it is too dangerous to try to disable the motion sense while driving so that it is off when I get home.

Please enable some geofence rules!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Feel free to add it to our Secuirty Cam's Feature Request thread Smiley Happy

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.