Outdoor Stick Up Camera not recording motion

I currently have a Outdoor Stick Up camera in my driveway and until recently worked great.

It is armed all the time, and was sensing motion with no issues.

LiveView is working too.

However, in the last couple of days, I have noticed that we have not had any motion detection from the driveway, which I know there is because we’ve used the car, and took the trash out.

I checked it last night, and I saw the blue light come on briefly (4-5 seconds) then go off. I assumed that meant that it was recording ok.

I tried again about 10 minutes ago, and yet again the blue light came on briefly and then went off again.

Absolutely no motion has been detected and there has been no video recorded.

I have attached a screenshot of the status of the device, to show that the WiFi is great, and the battery is good too.

Thanks

I contacted support over this. All fixed now.

1 Like

What is the solution?

Hi @JWT! When motion events are not being recorded, the best thing to check first is your motion settings in the Ring app. Features such as People Only Mode or Motion Verification can affect how your device records motion. Please also check any privacy zones you might have enabled.

As long as motion is optimized and your device is subscribed to a Protect Plan, a recording should existing your event history for a motion that is captured. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I just bought a new stick up cam - I do not have privacy zones enabled, I have it set to record all motion so not limited to people only, etc. It does not automatically record motion and does not send alerts.
Battery is charged, it has wifi access. This is the second camera in a row that does not operate like all the others I have previously purchased. Just returned one and had this one sent as a replacement.

Hi @mamadog402. Try also factory resetting your Camera and then reconnecting your wifi to see if it helps. To factory reset your Camera press and hold the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds. If you have tried these steps and your Camera is still not detecting motion, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.