Outdoor Security light wont re-connect to Wi-fi

My outdoor battery spotlight camera ran out of battery, so I re-charged it, but when i put the batteries back in, it would not re-connect to my Wi-fi.

I checked my Wi-fi and all fine, my other ring camera was connecting fine.

In the set up process, the problem is that the camera keeps saying "unable to join the next work Ring Setup C5. I followed the instructions to manually search for the network but it never comes up.

I removed the device to try and set up again but same problem.

Any ideas?

@Stuby00 wrote:

My outdoor battery spotlight camera ran out of battery, so I re-charged it, but when i put the batteries back in, it would not re-connect to my Wi-fi.

I checked my Wi-fi and all fine, my other ring camera was connecting fine.

In the set up process, the problem is that the camera keeps saying "unable to join the next work Ring Setup C5. I followed the instructions to manually search for the network but it never comes up.

I removed the device to try and set up again but same problem.

Any ideas?

I’m not sure if this will help, but I would first start with a Hard Factory Reset** (press & hold the reset button for 30 seconds)**, instead of completing just a standard “setup”. A Hard reset will start you at a clean fresh starting setup, wiping out any downloaded Firmware (other than what it had from the factory).

For Hard Factory Resets, it’s best that you Remove your camera from your phone app, prior to any Hard Reset (Main Menu > Devices > select your cam > Device Settings (Gear Icon) > General Settings > Remove This Device.

During the hard setup, do not click “Skip” when you get to the part when it is downloading new, fresh “Glitch-free” Firmware (could take 5 or 6 minutes). If possible, temporarily move either the cam or router closer, so a good clean firmware download can happen.

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

If you still have issues, you can call Ring Support by telephone:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

1 Like