Original owner told device registered already

I am the original owner of the device but when I try to set it up I’m told it is already registered. I tried a reset and that did nothing.

I am having the same issue this morning after my iPhone upgraded the operating system. Not sure if that had an effect. Have not been able to connect since and getting the same error message as yours.

Hi neighbors! I would suggest ensuring that these devices are not set up under a shared user on the account. If these devices are set up under a shared user, or a user at the same location as you, you can release it through the email sent to you or log into that account to remove the device. This support article goes into a bit more detail on the Ownership of a Device. Hope this helps!

1 Like

We’ve tried to login under other email addresses but it still saying it’s registered somewhere else. We did buy it a couple of years ago and never put it up but did register it. Only getting around to using it now. We didn’t get the email that says someone’s trying to register the device (probably an old email account we dont have access to anymore) and I’ve emailed the address it says to…twice and I haven’t heard anything. How long does it take? And there’s no numbers to call to actually speak to anyone so there’s no help only this community which is people talking about problems. I need Ring to actually de-register my device. When can I expect someone from Ring to eventually get back to me?

Call customer support for help.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

1 Like