Notifications not always working

Have two spotlight cams set up, with good wireless signals, good battery life, and everything set up to provide push notifications when motion is detected. Maybe 10% of the time I get a notification, if I’m lucky. I even walk in front of them myself sometimes to test… Nothing. Defeats the purpose IMO, and I want to see if others have experienced this issue before I return them.

Also, is it normal for all my videos to take 10-20-30 seconds to load?? Seems odd how long it takes to see a video of something that happened a few seconds earlier.

Hi there, @jjohnston618! Checking your Camera’s resources was a great call. The next best step would be to adjust settings such as motion scheduling or people only mode, in the Ring app. Motion scheduling and People Only mode are options that might avoid certain alerts by design.

The next best step is to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. This will ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device for notifications and video. A video recording may take some time to become available in your event history, however, these events can be answered live. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: