Notifications in modes

Would be great to separate recording motion and notifications in modes, ie still want to record motion whilst at home but don’t want to receive the notifications. Have I missed a trick in setup?

2 Likes

I am also wondering if I missed a setting somewhere. I’ve gone through every possible mode option and it seems odd that modes control so much but not the camera motion alerts. As it stands, to avoid being bombarded with alerts when I’m home, I leave the alerts switch off for two of my cameras, but then find myself forgetting to switch the alerts back on when I leave and arm my system. Not ideal. Seems like a key feature got missed somehow.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Configuring your settings for Modes will allow to turn off motion recording and also disable the ability for Live View. If you wish for the device to still record but to not get motion alerts, you will need to turn off the motion alerts toggle or “snooze” the device. To snooze a device, you can go into the Device’s profile, tap on Motion Snooze and snooze anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

No, this is not as useful. I don’t want to snooze alerts. This appears to be a missing feature within the modes functionality. We should have the ability to have a mode toggle if motion alerts are sent for specific devices, while still maintaing motion detection and recording.

Hi

this does not help at all. Obviously if we snooze we need to rearm if we leave the property so we get notified. Snooze schedule is also unhelpful

i want to always record but only notify me if I’m in away mode.

Can this feature be added.

This is really important

Hey neighbors! Happy to chime in for Chelsea here. I understand where you’re coming from, and having more control over your notifications and Modes settings is a great suggestion. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: