Nothing but issues

I have 2 battery spotlight cams with 2 solar panels and have had nothing but issues since I installed them a few minths ago

First off they go off for everything and I mean everything.

I have one in my front yard and one in my back year

The one in the front year goes off when cars pass buy so it is going off every few minutes

I turned off the zone to the right that is closest to the street and the one to the left leaving only the middle zone so I can get my front door and the area around it and the darn thing still goes off when cars pass by. I do not see how when that zone is turned off

As for the backyard camera, that goes off just by the trees blowing and that one I also adjusted the zones and sensitivity was set a little lower on both

I chatted with support and got nothing fixed but he did ask me to uninstall the app and reinstall it and now the alert sound I had for my front yard is gone, it use to say, motion detected in your front yard and it is missing. The one that says motion detected in your back yard is there.

Comcast emailed me the other day telling me I reached my 1tb od data usage for the month and I can’t see how this is possible being only 2 adults live here, no online gaming, and we watch Netflix from time to time but I would have to watch over 400 90 minute shows to reach 1tb of data usage so something so wrong and all I could think of is these cameras going off every few minutes uploading these videos causing it because it can’t be anything else. And yes I checked to make sure no one was logging into my internet buy my devices.

I mean with it going off every few minutes to be honest I am no longer even checking to see if it is real or not because all I get are false alerts every few minutes and I am tired of checking it. Not really doing anything for me security wise being I am no longer checking because of all the false alerts.

I feel like giving up and taking them down at this point because no matter what I do or how I adjust the settings this is still happening no matter what I do and I can’t have comcast start charging me $10 for each 50gb of extra data usage.

Does anyone have this issue?

@Gail1202 wrote:

I have 2 battery spotlight cams with 2 solar panels and have had nothing but issues since I installed them a few minths ago

First off they go off for everything and I mean everything.

I have one in my front yard and one in my back year

The one in the front year goes off when cars pass buy so it is going off every few minutes

I turned off the zone to the right that is closest to the street and the one to the left leaving only the middle zone so I can get my front door and the area around it and the darn thing still goes off when cars pass by. I do not see how when that zone is turned off

As for the backyard camera, that goes off just by the trees blowing and that one I also adjusted the zones and sensitivity was set a little lower on both

I chatted with support and got nothing fixed but he did ask me to uninstall the app and reinstall it and now the alert sound I had for my front yard is gone, it use to say, motion detected in your front yard and it is missing. The one that says motion detected in your back yard is there.

Comcast emailed me the other day telling me I reached my 1tb od data usage for the month and I can’t see how this is possible being only 2 adults live here, no online gaming, and we watch Netflix from time to time but I would have to watch over 400 90 minute shows to reach 1tb of data usage so something so wrong and all I could think of is these cameras going off every few minutes uploading these videos causing it because it can’t be anything else. And yes I checked to make sure no one was logging into my internet buy my devices.

I mean with it going off every few minutes to be honest I am no longer even checking to see if it is real or not because all I get are false alerts every few minutes and I am tired of checking it. Not really doing anything for me security wise being I am no longer checking because of all the false alerts.

I feel like giving up and taking them down at this point because no matter what I do or how I adjust the settings this is still happening no matter what I do and I can’t have comcast start charging me $10 for each 50gb of extra data usage.

Does anyone have this issue?

Hey not sure about the data usage but the motion detection issue is a known issue and is being dicussed here:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Motion-Sensitivity-picking-up-pets-when-set-for-People-Only/m-p/3075#M440

Even though it says Pets it eventually progressed to everything.

From what I read that seems to be the indoor cameras? I do not have the option for people only, I have 2 outdoor cameras (Spotlight Cam)

I attached a picture of the zone settings and it is clear that it is not even close to the street and still the cars that go by are setting off the camera but anyone that opens or closes my front screen door it does not go off so it is useless at this point. It is going off for cars but not anyone leaving or entering my house, unreal. it was triggered about 80 times yesterday just for cars going by using up my internet data with all of the uploads for nothing, for cars going by and I have it set to light, not to do off for everything. If I had it set higher it would has went off about 150 times for only cars going by yesterday. I am about to take them down and toss them in the trash at this point, useless. $600+ down the drain for this

@Gail1202 wrote:

From what I read that seems to be the indoor cameras? I do not have the option for people only, I have 2 outdoor cameras (Spotlight Cam)

Nah mate its a whole mixture of them not just the indoor cams, i personally have 4 outdoor wired spotlight cmas that have the same issues.