cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

No Video Recording After Motion Alert??

Highlighted
New Neighbor

No Video Recording After Motion Alert??

Early this morning I woke to an alert on my phone indicating movement on 1 of my 3 cams.  I quickly logged on and saw a person on my property.  I then quickly changed camera views (I have 3 cameras out the front) and when I went back to look at video of the original movement, there was no video.  So I've had an intruder, but not 1 of 3 cams recorded and all are out the front just feet away from the 1 that alerted me.  I only fully installed them yesterday and apparently some may be up too high (at about 7 feet) and are only detecting motion close up.  But none of that would explain why I don't have video of the motion that set off the alert this morning.  Would the video be somewhere else?  So confused and want it so I can get better look at person on my property.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: No Video Recording After Motion Alert??

Should have added, the cam that sent me the alert is a stick up cam.....I have 2 of those and a spotlight cam out the front.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: No Video Recording After Motion Alert??

Hey @meinsydney, if you're not seeing the video event history, it's possible you may not have an active Ring Protect Plan. I would recommend giving our support team a call here to see why you are not getting any recordings so they can address this for future! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.