No Live View

@Rileyjt8 wrote:
I am having this issue now for the second time. The first time an Android software update fixed the problem. Live view won’t connect, times out and says “live view disconnected”. This is very annoying. One thing i noticed was that when it stopped working the first time we had gone out of town…it worked fine…until we came home. It stopped working again…and we just came back from a weekend anniversary trip. I believe this issue is somehow rooted in celluar data but Data Saver did not solve my issue not did any of the usless typical “did you reboot it” suggestion from tech support. No idea how to fix it but it works fine on Wi-fi which is why i believe it has something to do with cellular data/settings.

Be sure to look at the wifi frequency thing I wrote above. If this starts when you get home, its possible your phone(s) are using 2.4 and interfering with the wifi signal to the Ring device. I changed my phone to use the 5 frequency and it solved this. Be sure to set your phone to “forget” 2.4 or to not automatically connect, otherwise your phone will reconnect and you wont even know it.

I don’t like it, because sometimes I need the range of the 2.4, so I have to manually switch back and forth. But if I’m in my home office directly between the router and the Ring, and my phone is using 2.4, I cant get live view. Switch to 5 and I get live view.