No Live View

good catch jverge - this worked for me

you might want to post it in the other thread on this topic

Yes Jverge you’ve solved it! I tried allowing the ring app to use data whilst on data saver weeks ago but it didn’t work but as soon as I turned data saver off it works again!

Thanks this fixed my issue and such and easy fix

1 Like

I had to come back and find this solution! I remembered participating in this thread and not having this problem, but it just started to happen to me.

My guess is a stupid Samsung or Android update jacked with my settings because I also got a data warning and discovered my wifi had been turned off. I didn’t do that, like most people I want wifi to autoconnect all the time so I would never turn that off. Had to be an update.

Clearly the engineers and developers used for phones and apps are not geniuses or their updates wouldn’t screw up people’s phones and apps.

I’m having this issue too. I have data saver turned off but it’s still not viewing through wifi. I can view the cameras through my PC hooked up to the LAN using the Ring app in the microsoft store.

If I put my router in access point mode it works, so that’s a workaround. Still don’t like having my router in ap mode as I can’t have some of the features enabled.

I’ll be testing it out tomorrow on my wifes Apple phone.

I even tried creating a guest network and connecting the doorbell to that network, no dice. :frowning:

Here’s the crazy thing, This only happens when I’m using AT&T internet…

I tried through t-mobile hotspot, works like a champ.

One thing to consider is that with a good portion of schools closed and people working remotely this could just be a bandwidth problem.

I did test my phone on wifi (Verizon Fios) and 4G (Verizon) and things appear to be working on my Samsung S10. Still have the problem issue when Data Saver is on though… I wonder if that will ever get fixed by either Ring, Google, or Samsung.

How do I find and turn off data saver?

On my Android phone it is under “Settings -> Connections -> Data Usage”. Then there is a toggle to turn it off or on

1 Like

Looks like the latest Samsung update fixed the problem on my S10 phone using data saver. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do I turn off the Data Saver feature? In the Ring app itself? In my iphone settings? If so, how should I go about doing this?

Thank you work for me.

Can you please elaborate more on how to solve this Data mode? Is this on the phone or ring app ? If you can share steps please on iphone or similar

You said :” f you have Data Saver turned on Live View will not work”
What does it mean and how to fix it in some steps please . If you can elaborate

The solution is for Android… I don’t know of it works on IPHONE since it is related to the phone not the App. And the latest updates fixed the problem for me do I can now use data saver.

On Android, go to Settings -> Connections -> Data Usage -> Data Saver. You can turn it on or off there.

Where do I find data saver? I can’t find it on the Ring app or my iPhone 6s+ settings.

please look in the thread… this is a setting on your phone not in the app and the solution I posted is only for Android. Note, at least for Android this isn’t an issue any more. I can’t speak to iOS though.

1 Like

I am having similar problems on day 4 of install. Ironically, while live view is not working, motion activation is working perfectly (and providing real-time text alerts and video capture once processed).

I am using a Google mesh WIFI extender that I think is implicated. I have trouble with live view with both WIFI and cellular attempts. I have gone to the Google Home app and re-saved the data (IP address, MAC) to the app twice in last two days and both times the live view returns. It seems that the MAC component is failing to update in the Google app. All other home devices (of which there are many) are working fine. So this is a simple fix – but I hope that I don’t have to manually re-update this every time I need to get the live view.

I guess I can switch the Ring WIFI setting over the the main Comcast router – but I’ll lose the connectivity that I currently enjoy from garage-to-bedroom. I bought the Ring Chime Pro WIFI extender yesterday (have not set it up) because I’m addicted to buying tech (lol). – but perhaps in this case it was prescient.

Does anyone have a work around for the Google Home app MAC drop?

Thank you!

Tony

Data Saver is an adriod phone setting

Been reading all the comments about data saver, and this is an Android setting. I’m on an iPhone and experiencing a delay, but eventually does show me the live video. But this also does this when someone rings the doorbell. The delay it takes to “activate the device” almost makes the doorbell useless for answering. It just started recently, so I’m going to look at my router settings (since I just replaced it), to see if that is where the issue is. Any input is welcome, or if I find anything that helps, I’ll update this thread.

1 Like

So far, the only thing I have found that helped the reaction time of live view was in my router, QoS was enabled. I disabled it and it’s a tad bit quicker. QoS isn’t really needed on my home network, so off it goes!