No Alerts after Enabling Motion Verification

On my Stick Up Cam plug-in (3rd gen) when I enable Motion Verification I no longer receive alerts. Also, there is no option to disable Motion Verification in the latest Ring app. What’s going on?

Hey @EBC. If you go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device to disable Motion Verification > Under Smart Alerts or Motion Settings, you should see an option for Motion Verification. Could you take a screenshot of what you’re seeing in these places?

Motion Verification is not an option under "Motion Settings ". See attached.

The only way to setup Motion Verification was in New Features in the Main Menu of the app. See attached.

@EBC Thank you for getting back to me with those screenshots! My apologizes, as Motion Verification is a feature you can turn off when your device is listed a battery operated device, but you cannot turn off this feature for hardwired/powered devices, which is why you cannot on your Stick Up Cam 3rd Gen Plug-In. We recently made changes to the app so that when used as a Plug-In device that it has hardwired/powered device features over the old features it has, giving it limited and battery device features.

Although, since you stated you do not have notifications still after turning on this feature, could you call our support team to follow up on this concern? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Please let me know how this goes!

I have called them and they have not gotten back to me. That’s why I posted it here.

Did a hard reset and did not enable Motion Verification. After reset received notifications from both Ring App and Rapid Ring app. Five hours later no sound notifications from Ring app but still receiving sound notifications from Rapid Ring app.

Still waiting on the return call from Ring Level 3 Tech…

Hey @EBC. Thank you for the update! How long has it been since you were last in contact, and expecting this callback? I can look more into this for you and try to find the agent that was supposed to reach out to you to ensure they get in contact with you. :slight_smile:

Wednesday morning - 7/28

Tuesday am, not Wednesday

@EBC Thank you for letting me know! Normally callbacks should be scheduled and done within 48-72 business hours to account for the representative taking any time off or having days off. In the event you still do not hear back today, please shoot me an email at chelsea@ring.com with a link to this thread and I will look more into this for you and see if I can get them to get in contact with you! :slight_smile:

It’s been over 72 business hrs and still have not heard from Tech services.

@EBC Could you email into me at chelsea@ring.com and I can look more into it, or is it ok if I reach out to you with the email address on file for your Community account? I’ll look more into this for us! :slight_smile:

Please use email address on file

Received a call from tech services and they explained that there is a problem within the current Ring App if you select Motion Verification in the app while using the 3rd gen Stick Up cam PLUGGED IN. In this configuration you might not receive Motion Alerts. They are aware and working to correct the problem.