Night vision flickering on and off repeatedly

Though my stick up camera is not facing a window, night vision keeps clicking off every 3 seconds or so. Any tips, or might I have a defective unit?

Mine does it when the TV is one. But in total darkness it doesn’t. Does the video show it coming on and off or do your just hear the sound it makes?

Video flickers on and off as well as making that clicking sound. About every three seconds.

Is they in total darkness? Do you have anything else in the area that uses night vision?

Yes… even put in back yard facing the woods, and constant 3 second flicker. I think this unit may be defective.

Ok, that sounds like it’s possibly the new snapshot feature. It can be set to 30 seconds, 1 minute or 3 minutes. You can turn this feature off if you want to. I think the default is 3 minutes. It’s in the device settings. I took a screenshot of what it looks like.

Did you fix this? I have the same problem and it has nothing to do with the snapshot feature.

Hey @Rustybunn. Could you share a little bit more information? What type of Ring Device is this and where is it located? This information will help the Community be able to determine the next best steps! The IR lights are activated based on the ambient light, so repositioning your camera may help!