New "Privacy Zones" Feature Not Available On All Cameras

Yes I did receive the notification in new features however it’s only available for my in door cameras and not my outdoor spotlight cameras

I dont have privacey zone on my floodlight cameras

Hey neighbors! I’ve checked with my team this afternoon after we started wrapping up the rollout of new devices to have Privacy Zones. In the list of the devices that will have it already from what I listed before, the Floodlight Cam (v2) and Spotlight Wired Cam (v2) are excluded from this list. We are still working on rolling this out to these devices, and I can always update the thread according when it is available for these devices. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Chelsea. Any idea or loose ETA on when v2 devices might get the feature?

@5150Joel I was unable to get an exact ETA, as the rollout for these specific devices has been pushed back due to unforeseen circumstances. I was told that we are hoping within the next month or so, but at the latest, towards the end of the summer! I’ll make sure to update this thread when this is the case, if y’all don’t see it first and beat me too it, where we should have ALL devices enabled with this feature option. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Anyone have this feature show up yet on a spotlight or flood light camera that didn’t previously have the feature after the rollout of Privacy Zones?

Realize it may be a while yet until this is pushed but thought I’d ask since I’m logged in, and it’s about a month later.

Still not showing up for me on my floodlight cam app.
Shame as it’s a feature I desperately need currently.

Not on my new floodlight cams I just purchased. On everything else but not the floodlight cams.

Hi @Gmb! All of your Cameras should have the option for Privacy Zones to be enabled, especially if your other devices had this option available. Although it sounds like your app is already up to date, I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to see if this with obtain that setting.

Visiting your Floodlight Cam in the Ring app, selecting device settings, then selecting privacy settings, should get you to the location in which you can select privacy zones. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

No. Still not available. It is on all my other cameras but not my 2 floodlight cams.

Thank you for the quick update @Gmb. This is an odd occurrence for sure! I recommend reaching out to our support team who will be able to take a more in-depth look into this feature and your Cams. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Feel free to let us know how this goes, and any solutions you find with the team, as it may help other neighbors with the same concern in the future! :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Hi @Gmb! All of your Cameras should have the option for Privacy Zones to be enabled, especially if your other devices had this option available. Although it sounds like your app is already up to date, I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to see if this with obtain that setting.

Visiting your Floodlight Cam in the Ring app, selecting device settings, then selecting privacy settings, should get you to the location in which you can select privacy zones. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring are you familiar with the previous posts in this thread regarding the V2 devices? It was previously stated the V2 Spotlight and V2 Floodlight cams don’t yet have this feature. Are you saying it has since been pushed now to V2 devices?

I have 2 android phones and 1 iPhone and Privacy Zones still doesn’t appear for my Wired Spotlight cam, while I do have it as an option on my other 5 cameras.

I called support and this feature is not available yet on all devices. They are still rolling it out.

2 Likes

That is correct @Gmb, looks like it has simply not reached all devices yet. Contacting our support team was a great way to ensure it is not caused by anything other than the slow roll out. As mentioned previously in this thread, our team is working to get this out to all neighbors as efficiently as possible. I will, of course, share this thread with them for continued feedback and desire for the feature. Keep an eye on the Community for any further updates on this feature being available for all devices and neighbors. :slight_smile:

Hello, can you give us an update on the roll-out of this feature? My two Doorbell Pros both have it, but my two Floodlight cameras still don’t. All four were purchased and installed last year and show that their firmwares are up-to-date.

I have two floodlight cameras on two sides of my garage. When I go in the Privacy Settings on the floodlight camera I bought two years (floodlight cam #1), I have the option of setting a Privacy Zone. This allows me to block off part of the recording.

However, when I go in the Privacy Settings on the floodlight camera I bought last year (floodlight cam #2), the Privacy Zone setting is not listed. Only the enable Audio Streaming and Recording option is listed.

Any reason why floodlight cam #2 doesn’t have the privacy option, even though it was purchased more recently (both from Home Depot)? Interestingly, floodlight cam #2 is where I really need the option, as it is picking up part of my neighbor’s yard. I’m considering physically swapping the two cameras but was wondering if there is a reason before I do that. Both floodlight cameras say “Up to date” for the firmware.

Just got off the phone with support, still no date on the update, seems like this need isn’t a priority for ring. I wish they actually said this in the description when ordering, I would’ve just bought an old version that actually has all the features.

I just checked my 2 yr old floodlight cam. It does have it. Never noticed it before. But I never needed it. Strange the newer ones don’t. Same model. My guess it’s connected to a firmware update.

both my floodlight cams (bought about 6 weeks ago) have had privacy zone capability added in the last few days.

It must be rolling out slow. But it’s coming I guess.