New Stick Up Cam Plug-In will not work, settings show it is Battery Powered?

In the last few weeks, I’ve purchased a Ring Alarm system and three cameras. I’m having no issues with the Indoor Cam or Spotlight Cam so far, however, I cannot get the Stick Up Cam to work at all. I plug it in and it connects and updates, but then it never shows any video. It is in the same room as the Ring alarm base and the wi-fi router, so there’s no issue with that.

What I’ve found is that under “Device Health” > “Power” it says the “Power Source” is “Battery” and that the “Battery level” is “Unknown.” Again, this is NOT the battery powered version of the device. The box says “Stick Up Cam Plug-In” and the device itself is clearly a camera with a plug-in cord.

Interestingly, my Ring Indoor Cam and Ring Spotlight Cam are also both Plug-In and do not show a “Power” section when I go to “Device Health”, so I don’t know what’s up with that?

Since it’s not working at all and was just showing up as a black screen on my dashboard, I removed the device from my system, unplugged it, and put it back in its box so it won’t get lost or damaged. Is this some sort of software/firmware issue that can be resolved? Is there a way to get a replacement device that has the correct power settings?

Hey @safeT. Thank you for sharing those details on exactly what you’re seeing in the Ring App. Since it is a Stick Up Cam Plug-In, it should register that it is plugged into an outlet on the Device Health page. I would recommend giving the following troubleshooting steps a try in order to get this resolved so the power status is correctly displayed, and the Live View is functional.

• Uninstall the Ring App, restart your phone to clear the cache completely, and reinstall the Ring App.
  • Reset the Camera by plugging it into an outlet and holding down the setup button for 30 seconds.
  • Once that’s done, please walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

If the Camera is still displaying that it is on battery power and does not allow you to access the Live View after trying the above, you’ll want to reach out to our support team so they can take a deeper look at what’s going on and recommend more advanced troubleshooting. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on how those steps worked for you, or what our support team recommends as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: