My own Ringtones/alerts

Is it possible for me to incorporate my own created ringtones/alerts? I don’t like tones because I don’t remember whats assignend to what. And the generic voice ones don’t say like Pool, sideyard, Front yard, etc.

1 Like

Hey @Jellyspapa. This is not a feature at this time, but it’s a great idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Thanks…just posted it.

1 Like

@Jellyspapa

Instead of having Ring pick the additional voice announcements (or Alert/Chirp sounds) for us, would it be possible to add a new Alert/Chirp sound selection, called “Custom” . . . and then also provide a method for the user to “Import” a sound file into this Custom slot on each device/sensor/doorbell?

Different ‘Sound Files’ can obtained off the Internet. And you could even make your own sound voice-recording file too! You could then Import tailored voice-recordings, such as: “Someone is Ringing your Backdoor Doorbell”, or “Motion in your Living-room”, or “Your Side Door is open”, or “Motion at your Backyard Cam.” I bet some people wound make some funny voice-recordings, like “Welcome Home Your Highness” for your door sensor chirp. The point is, having an added new ‘Custom’ feature could provide endless Alert/Chirp choices!

Although some people workaround this utilizing the Amazon Echo that can provide this ability, but I would prefer a “Custom” Alert/Chirp selection listed right along with the other choices of ‘Windchimes, Harp, etc.’, all in the Ring App. Additionally, I’m resistant to having an Echo in my house, because the idea of something listening to everything in my house I still find a bit too creepy for me (I’ve disabled “Listening” abilities of my other high-tech devices in my house). You can see that this could be distinctive aubible Chirps to know which Door, and which DoorBell, Motion Detector, Contact Sensor, and Video Camera too.

Now, if you think this “Custom” Alert/Chirp option (with Import capability) would be nice to have, click on link below and click the Thumbs Up Icon. Ring Teams notice Feature Requests with higher Thumbs Up numbers, and then are more likely to incorporate the Feature Request. There are quite a few similar posts requesting either wanting larger Alert/Chirps selections, or more Voice announcements. Hopefully this “Custom” option would meet everyone’s needs.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

1 Like