Mount spotlight has steady green light - won’t connect

Hello, my ring spotlight camera has only a steady green light (not blinking and not multi-color). The camera was mounted in 2 areas and tested in 2 more sockets on different circuits with the same results. Add’l the camera will not reset (hold top button for 20 seconds with no effect) and will not connect to the internet in multiple locations. Internet and FAQs have not shed light on issues.

2 Likes

Hey @Runninglong. When you get the green light on the bottom of the camera when trying to set up the device, this means that it had problems connecting to your internet. This can be when the device is too far from the router to get a stable connection. It may also be because you need to adjust the ports and protocols on your router to allow the Ring device to connect. Let me know if making these adjustments helps the device connect!

1 Like

Hi Chelsea_Ring ,

I purchased 2 other Ring cams (battery powered), both connected to my phone, then wifi without issue. The mount camera would not connect to my phone in several locations, including the same room as the wifi router (phone was connected to wifi). All locations the light remained green and steady.

Would the mount camera require differnt ports and protocols than the battery cameras? Meaning, if the battery cameras are working without an issue, would the mount camera require differnt settings?

I’m a bit lost on why 2 other cameras work in more distant locations, but the mount camera is behaving in this way. Especially, since the install manual does not address what steady green light means.

Thank you,

Thank you for the update @Runninglong! Usually when attempting to connect to your network the green light will blink or pulse every now and then. A steady green light should not happen, and your Camera should certainly connect successfully if others have on your network. With your other Cameras connecting just fine, this would indicate that your networks settings, ports, and protocols are sufficient for operation.

If you have not already, I recommend trying a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. A setup should complete following the reset. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am running into the same problem. Steady green light. I tried holding the button to factory reset and the machine still stuck.

Any idea how to fix?

I was setting up machine for the first time it work for like 5 min. And it got stuck in with steady green light. Thx

Yep same thing here. Installed it, got it added to the app. It started doing an “internal software update” and it bricked the spotlight cam mount. Called Ring and they had me do the exact same things I did already, hold reset for 20 seconds, cycle power on/off. No luck the LEDs stayed on and the bottom light is steady green. Ring support said, gee I wish there was something I could do for you but since you bought it on Amazon you have to go through them, “my hands are tied”. Uh huh. It’s your product Ring! The service rep was actually quite rude, and clearly no help.

1 Like

Well this is a shame, because my spotlightcam has acted in the exact same manner which seems to indicate a glitch. It’s also suspicious that the cam worked fine until the update occurred and then after that malfunctioned.
I purchased several cams from ring directly and will be calling about this. Ridiculous.

Yes… me too. Strangely 1 of the 3 I installed is fine. The other 2, steady green.

I have ring cameras installed and would presume after the update it would have impacted my cameras and yet they are still working. When I initially installed my cameras a couple of years ago I had set up issues and resolved them through a WiFi extender. So it appears the issue is a connectivity issue. That being said, it does not rule out a defective unit. I recommend powering down the camera, wait about 30 minutes and then try the set up as close as you can to your router. If successful then mount it where you want it. If you have further issues, get a WiFi extender or the Ring Chime Pro. This will boost your coverage to the camera when placed halfway between the router and the camera. Tip! If you use a third party extender, do not set up the extender in a wireless mode, connect it via the LAN port. You will halve your signal throughput to the router if you connect it wireless.

Im expereincing the same thing. Just purchased this an hour ago. How is this still a thing moths after these posts?

Hello James.
Due blackout in Texas my Ring is not working need help to fix it
It is solid blue - I try to reset many times using the back orange button but every time I release the button it will display a solid blue light. Let me know what I can do

Sorry to hear about this, @abihameed! In order to perform a reset properly, on your Ring device, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds. It sounds like you are doing this correctly based on you seeing the blue light afterwards. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article.

Please also ensure the battery is fully charged when attempting these steps. If your device still will not reconnect or operate as intended, after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The same here in Australia, steady green light. holding 20 seconds doesn’t work at all.

It worked fine until 2 days ago. No internet/router changes. I just realised it tonight when the camera doesn’t light on.

I have the same issue with my Ring Floodlight Camera and have tried to hard reset, but the light stays a steady green. The light worked initially and stopped working after a couple of months. I have moved the camera but nothing has changed. I have three other cameras connected have no problems with them.

Hi neighbors. Here are a few things you can try to get your Spotlight Cam to connect to the internet.

• Reset the Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then release.

• Reset your internet router by unplugging it for 5 minutes, then plugging it back in. It can take up to 10 minutes for your wifi to restore.

• Make sure you are using the correct ports and protocols for Ring devices, as described in this Help Center article here.

• Try switching your wifi password to alphanumeric characters only, with no special characters.

• If possible, try bringing your Spotlight Cam in the same room as your internet router and then attempt to connect to wifi.

If you’ve tried all these steps to no avail, you can reach out to our support team for the next best steps.