Motion sensor detecting a cat

I’ve set the motion setting to people only…and get alerts every couple min as the stupid cat suns itself, and I had to turn off the alexa skill because every couple min I get a motion alert for it.

I turned off people only and set it for the lowest motion detection and it still picks up the stupid cat. So I don’t know what the motion sensitivity is supposed to do but just about worthless as far as I can tell.

And trying to figure out how to say that it’s not working took me 15 min of running around the site. Not real happy right now.

@Thayes wrote:

I’ve set the motion setting to people only…and get alerts every couple min as the stupid cat suns itself, and I had to turn off the alexa skill because every couple min I get a motion alert for it.

I turned off people only and set it for the lowest motion detection and it still picks up the stupid cat. So I don’t know what the motion sensitivity is supposed to do but just about worthless as far as I can tell.

And trying to figure out how to say that it’s not working took me 15 min of running around the site. Not real happy right now.

Hey

There is a whole topic discussing this for sometime now so please go check it out:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Motion-Sensitivity-picking-up-pets-when-set-for-People-Only/m-p/3075#M440

In a nutshell looks like a firmware issue and RING seem to be aware and are looking into it, no timescale for a fix yet (atleast thats what i have been told).